• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never to Early to Start Preparing!!!

georgiaboy83

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
1   0
Reaction score
Alright guys since time is dragging along guess its time for some decoy work? Cutting of the old line and weights, prep decoys to be repainted. Order new line and weights, and more decoys!!!

Anybody else doing any cleanup work waiting for season?

I just use em till they wont sit upright any more. A good coat of automotive grade flat clear coat goes a long way to make em look new for years. also para cord will not break like decoy line and while it will tangle easier you dont have to replace it every year.

I have some decoys mixed in the bag that are at least 15 years old and still goin strong. as long as they float they are good to go.

Man if i started screwing with decoys now, it would just make summer go by slower. I have a dozen Hot Buys still in the box, and a couple of geese I got to fix. Mallards to repaint, pintails to touch up., then comes the Texas rigging, of all my deeks this yr. Plus I am going to build a shelf in the garage to store em on. I'll find time to do all of this when I am not working with the dog, who just cost me an extra $300 in cash cause he broke out of the fence Monday, and got picked up by the city.

Man if i started screwing with decoys now, it would just make summer go by slower. I have a dozen Hot Buys still in the box, and a couple of geese I got to fix. Mallards to repaint, pintails to touch up., then comes the Texas rigging, of all my deeks this yr. Plus I am going to build a shelf in the garage to store em on. I'll find time to do all of this when I am not working with the dog, who just cost me an extra $300 in cash cause he broke out of the fence Monday, and got picked up by the city.

300!!!!! Daisy got picked up and it was only 25 bucks to get her back.

$25 to get him out, $25 cause I can't find proof of Rabies. City said both of my dogs got out but could n't catch the other one. so $100 per dog at large (other lab was in the fence when I got home), another $50 from the city for no proof of Rabies which I looked high and low for, and called the breeder, and his vet went out of business so I can't get it. So add another $30 for another Rabies vaccine he doesn't need. When my beagle got picked up in the county it was only $25.00 and that was it. Oh and then they mentioned probation until I proved I can keep my dog on the fence. That is for the judge to decide. The worst part about it is this was the first time ever, and it was a complete accident.

Alright guys since time is dragging along guess its time for some decoy work? Cutting of the old line and weights, prep decoys to be repainted. Order new line and weights, and more decoys!!!

Anybody else doing any cleanup work waiting for season?

Good....now find my G&H Blue Bill decoy from last season.........

seeing alot of newborn geese on the lake alredy,caint wait until the early season starts. im gettin decoys ready for this season, makin a few changes to the boat. always sometin to do for the off season.

Back
Top Bottom