• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never Trust a Digital Safe......

"Many of these inexpensive safes use a nickel solenoid to activate the locking mechanism. So, you'll need to locate the solenoid"

It's also worthy of note that the article shows and details the Sentry brand of small safes, one large enough to hold only a few hand guns.

I'm not saying the digital locks on quality gun safes can't be defeated, but I rather suspect they aren't as easily defeated by gimmicks such as shown in the link.

Digital Locks , like all locks come in wide range of price/quality. I can find SG Dials for 39$ on sale at my suppliers and I can find cheap electronic in the same range. I only Use high end La-Gard or SG Bank quality digital. There are pluses and minuses to the lock question. I just tell people it is a personal choice.

Anyone buying a blue-tooth enabled safe for convenience should not be surprised that it's convenient for hackers, too.

Digital Locks , like all locks come in wide range of price/quality. I can find SG Dials for 39$ on sale at my suppliers and I can find cheap electronic in the same range. I only Use high end La-Gard or SG Bank quality digital. There are pluses and minuses to the lock question. I just tell people it is a personal choice.

I have a LaGard lock but I dont know which model it is. LaGard is one of the better digital locks from what I saw online.

Back
Top Bottom