• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Never used a spotting scope?

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
676AD3FF-B200-4C1B-B747-1987C1C9A782.jpeg

From what I see on various public shooting ranges very few people use a spotting scope.
More people should try it.
It great to be able to see your bullet holes without having to call a cease fire and walk downrange.

Now, if you are shooting a rifle with a powerful (15X or more magnification) and big-lensed rifle scope, maybe that will fill the role of a spotting scope for you.

But even a cheap spotting scope is better than an ordinary deer rifle hunting scope forcseeing holes in paper.

Here’s a spotting scope for sale at Harbor Freight for $39.
I’ve looked thru one of these, and it’s OK for an entry level scope that should be able to show your bullet holes at 100 or 200 yards.

I've been wanting to get one, but not sure I'd buy one from harbor freight though.

Well I'd hate to lose $47.00, but It wouldn't be the end of the world if the scope was a POS.

I'll bet it'll do for a couple of hundred yards, as most regular folks shoot to sight their rifle in.

Well I'd hate to lose $47.00, but It wouldn't be the end of the world if the scope was a POS.

I'll bet it'll do for a couple of hundred yards, as most regular folks shoot to sight their rifle in.

Maybe won't break the bank or be the end of the world, but in my experience a lot of the stuff from harbor freight has been junk and not worth the time or money to acquire.

spotting-scope 60mm.jpg

I'm not suggesting you remove the lenses and use the tube,
mounted on that cool folding tripod, to launch 60 mm rockets
with exploding warheads at ATF headquarters.
Really, I'm not, Woodstock.

Kornet_7-e1406299076386.jpg

But there IS a certain visual similarity here...

Back
Top Bottom