• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Nevermind

Just sell it to the gun shop in Georgia. Who the gun shop sells it to after that will be up to them.

The proper paperwork would need to be filled out.
I would think that if he has a GA license to sell/buy firearms that he would have mentioned filling out the form..
I would have to "peek" at that FFL.

I'm not paranoid, but "due diligence" would definitely be in order.

I sold on out of state and I just shipped it to the FFL in that state.

The BATFE makes a distinction between personal firearms and inventory. I would make it clear that you are selling to the shop (i.e., it has to go on his gun log). Otherwise, it's clearly interstate commerce, which is where the ATF gets involved.

This.

You cannot sell to a "person who lives in Alabama."

You can sell to the gun shop if it is Georgia.

I would think someone with an FFL would know all of this, and not want to do anything that would jeopardize his FFL.

As much as I think a BOS is a waste of time, this is one very specialized incident that a BOS, naming the gun shop as the purchaser, and the individual as agent, would be a good thing to have.

Now personally, this is a situation where you are walking on the edge, and you have posted it online. Personally, one gun isn't worth getting sketchy with BATF. If you just have to sell it to him, I'd deliver it to the gun store and let the buyer sort out the paperwork.

This.

You cannot sell to a "person who lives in Alabama."

You can sell to the gun shop if it is Georgia.

I would think someone with an FFL would know all of this, and not want to do anything that would jeopardize his FFL.

As much as I think a BOS is a waste of time, this is one very specialized incident that a BOS, naming the gun shop as the purchaser, and the individual as agent, would be a good thing to have.

Now personally, this is a situation where you are walking on the edge, and you have posted it online. Personally, one gun isn't worth getting sketchy with BATF. If you just have to sell it to him, I'd deliver it to the gun store and let the buyer sort out the paperwork.

The buyer owns the gun store and has a GA FFL:wacko:

The buyer owns the gun store and has a GA FFL:wacko:

I understand that, but he is still a resident of the State of Alabama.

BATF looks at the residence of the buyer and purchaser.

That's why if I insisted on closing this transaction, I would insist on documentation that the buyer was buying it on behalf of the gun store.

With the incomplete information we are provided, the buyer may "own" the gun store, but the FFL (and gun store) might not be in his name. Wonder if OP had even bothered to go online and see who has the FFL for the location.

I know of at least one local gun store where the owner of the business, and the name on the FFL is not the same.

Hey, if OP wants to carry through with the deal, he should go for it. As I mentioned in my previous post, it's just not my style to explore the limits of BATF enforcement actions- those federal felony convictions are just so bothersome in so many ways.

Back
Top Bottom