• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 4473

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
So I saw another thread on this but it was closed to comments.

The new 4473 is effective coming in April from what I understand?

I'm not usually one of the "They're coming for us" tin foil hat club members but some of the new questions are gonna **** some people up that don't know any better. The 4473 seems to change just about every year so that fact alone should tell us something.

What are they trying to deduce from the fact I live within the city limits or not? I mean they already have my full name and address to begin with...

That is an odd question, and definitely designed to trip people up IMO. I'm not certain most people in bigger cities know if they're technically in city limits or not, especially somewhere like ITP of Atlanta where you could by in any number of city limits but your address states Atlanta. Same goes for Macon-Bibb now. Technically we're all in the city limits but we still have an old city limits.

Just one more document the Feds will collect for possible evidence of "one's lying criminal ways" when they decide to prosecute someone for whatever they can scrape together and support with a mountain of repetitive forms used to trip you up.

Same as asking you the same question worded slightly different over and over to see if they can get a different variation of an answer from you that they can twist to support a narrative. It's interrogation 101 tactics.

So I saw another thread on this but it was closed to comments.

The new 4473 is effective coming in April from what I understand?

I'm not usually one of the "They're coming for us" tin foil hat club members but some of the new questions are gonna **** some people up that don't know any better. The 4473 seems to change just about every year so that fact alone should tell us something.

What are they trying to deduce from the fact I live within the city limits or not? I mean they already have my full name and address to begin with...
Most changes to the 4473 are pretty dumb really. The new form will have two more disqualifying questions on it. As stupid as it sounds, this was all supposedly done in response to people complaining that even if people lied on the 4473, the feds do not charge them with a crime. Supposedly that is all changing. The 4473 is not transmitted or sent to the ATF or FBI in normal circumstances. Supposedly this is only for those that are denied so that the feds can come and find them like they were supposed to be doing already. I guess the question about living in the city limits is so that they know whether to contact the city cops or the county sheriff to let them know they are coming for a felon attempting to buy a gun.
  • 21b: “Do you intend to purchase or acquire any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition, for sale of other disposition to any person described in questions 21(c)-(m) or to a person described in question 21.n.1 who does not fall within a nonimmigrant exception?”
  • c.: “Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than one year, a federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?”

I just love the questions on the old one.

are you a convicted felon? who me.. nah. I mean I was in prison but it was some BS.

Are you the actually buyer? Nope my second cousin on my momma side...Ray Ray he needs a gat.

are you a fugitve from justice? until they catch me................................

Back
Top Bottom