• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 4473

Most changes to the 4473 are pretty dumb really. The new form will have two more disqualifying questions on it. As stupid as it sounds, this was all supposedly done in response to people complaining that even if people lied on the 4473, the feds do not charge them with a crime. Supposedly that is all changing. The 4473 is not transmitted or sent to the ATF or FBI in normal circumstances. Supposedly this is only for those that are denied so that the feds can come and find them like they were supposed to be doing already. I guess the question about living in the city limits is so that they know whether to contact the city cops or the county sheriff to let them know they are coming for a felon attempting to buy a gun.
  • 21b: “Do you intend to purchase or acquire any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition, for sale of other disposition to any person described in questions 21(c)-(m) or to a person described in question 21.n.1 who does not fall within a nonimmigrant exception?”
  • c.: “Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than one year, a federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?”
I figured it would be something like that with all the recent straw purchases in the headlines

Most changes to the 4473 are pretty dumb really. The new form will have two more disqualifying questions on it. As stupid as it sounds, this was all supposedly done in response to people complaining that even if people lied on the 4473, the feds do not charge them with a crime. Supposedly that is all changing. The 4473 is not transmitted or sent to the ATF or FBI in normal circumstances. Supposedly this is only for those that are denied so that the feds can come and find them like they were supposed to be doing already. I guess the question about living in the city limits is so that they know whether to contact the city cops or the county sheriff to let them know they are coming for a felon attempting to buy a gun.
  • 21b: “Do you intend to purchase or acquire any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition, for sale of other disposition to any person described in questions 21(c)-(m) or to a person described in question 21.n.1 who does not fall within a nonimmigrant exception?”
  • c.: “Do you intend to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm listed on this form and any continuation sheet(s) or ammunition in furtherance of any felony or other offense punishable by imprisonment for a term of more than one year, a federal crime of terrorism, or a drug trafficking offense?”
used to trip you up
Those last 2 are gonna nail some ppl lol

But then again, anyone who answers yes probably needs to be nailed...

Who'd be dumb enough to answer YES to those questions? Same for the convicted fellon, etc, lol!
The thing is, it usually doesn't matter. If you have a background check, they are going to find out you are a felon anyway. In all the years I have been doing this, I have only been contacted once by the FBI about a denial because it came back a week after the Brady sale date, meaning I had already sold him the gun. This is the only time they called for the info saying they had to go get the gun back. Turned out to be a case of mistaken identity.

I mean seriously. Everytime Im filling one out Im standing there giggling like am actually ON drugs like the form just asked me about!
Hey now, I've been in these gun shops in Macon and you can literally smell the weed on people trying to buy a gun. So people do try!

Hey now, I've been in these gun shops in Macon and you can literally smell the weed on people trying to buy a gun. So people do try!
There was a guy trying to buy one the same day I was picking up a transfer and he didnt have a DL just some kind of paper permit to get him to work. (1st red flag) and he reeked of what I assume was weed (2nd flag) needless to say he left weaponless lol.

Back
Top Bottom