• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 6.8 build

The four corners were shot with my 18 inch WC Super Sniper. With a very warm barrel, the inside was some shoddy shelf ammo and the four corners were shot with match ammo. It does much better with a cooler barrel. It's the only target I could rustle up real quick. The four corners work out to .560. It would have been muuch better letting the barrel cool before each group. I moved directly from fairly fast fire in the middle straight to the corners. It got a little loose on the last two groups. Couple of flyers. It's not a real heavy profile barrel so it heats up relatively fast.

Attachments

• 20220707_213855.jpg
    20220707_213855.jpg
    239.8 KB · Views: 11
Just test fired my 6.8 today. I went with the bison armory 18 inch stainless barrel, 1:10 twist. The group is a rushed group at 50 yards with some Remington range ammo.
Bison Armory and ARP are direct competitors and there is a big stink between 6.8 shooters as Who's the better barrel supplier. The Bison looks like it would be competitive against any manufacturer.

Well the Wilson Combat barrels love 95-110 gr, pills with 28.5- 29 grs. of XBR 8208. They will consistently print sub 1/2 MOA groups like clockwork and not even trying hard. I imagine they would do a little better if I let the barrel cool down between groups like you should. The DD barrel is uncharted waters for me but I have more reloads worked up than factory ammo so I am sure after a day at the range I will be able to answer that question more accurately. No pun intended. I am sure I have something it will like. The bore of that Daniel Defense Barrel is really pretty. It shines like new money in there. I've heard good things about them being pretty accurate but we will put that theory to the test. Personally I'll be happy with sub MOA groups. I didn't necessarily build the gun for accuracy as much as I did for a good long lasting Barrel with decent accuracy. I've got to go out and buy some shelf ammo To Zero the scope in that I'm going to use to test it. I don't want to run a bunch of my good reloads through there just to get it on paper. Too much time and work invested in there just to have them smacking into the dirt and backdrop. Like I said though I'll post results as soon as I get from back from the range. That's going to be maybe a week and a half like I said I'm still waiting on some small parts. I said once and I'll say it again I'm anxious to see what Daniel Defense has to offer.
love 8208 XBR! I use it in 308 and 556. my 556 guns also like the 8208 pulldown from about 15-20 years ago. it has a mean flash suppressant in it. no flash from an 11.5" SBR.

love 8208 XBR! I use it in 308 and 556. my 556 guns also like the 8208 pulldown from about 15-20 years ago. it has a mean flash suppressant in it. no flash from an 11.5" SBR.
I loaded some 115 gr. Hornady pills today. Got 100 done, 50 with 28.5 gr. and 50 of 29.2 gr. Of XBR 8208. It's a little hotter and I am hoping for some good results with the hotter load. Time will tell.

I finally finished the Wilson Combat Daniel Defense build and shot it today for the first time. All I had was some Magpul flip up sights so I installed them and did a barrel the sight in and took four shots at 50 yards with open sights. Not to bad if I say so myself.

Attachments

• 20220926_113405.jpg
    20220926_113405.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom