• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 80% Lower Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I haven't dealt with any but just from what I've read it's supposed to be YOU the original purchaser and finisher of the 80% lower can keep it forever and ever. But you can't sell it unless you can somehow get it serial numbered.
Ok, that's a suitable answer to my question.....thanks!

As I just posted I think it's all about the legality involving the serial number or lack thereof.
No It’s not. It’s all about the intent of manufacture. It’s just hard to prove your intent was to own it then you changed your mind and never ever saw dollar signs when in fact you were assembling it. This has nothing to do with Steve’s rules just saying

It’s illegal for you to manufacture a weapon in its entirety with the intentions of selling that weapon WITHOUT an ffl. It is NOT illegal for you to build a weapon in its entirety for a hobby, or yourself, or a gift, or a collection then later decide you do not want it and privately sell it.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2014/11/atf-answers-questions-on-80-receiver-blanks/#ixzz5PP3LjeQG
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

12. Can anyone make firearms and sell them?
With certain exceptions, and subject to any state law that might apply, as long as an individual is not prohibited from possessing a firearm, he or she can make a firearm for personal use. If an individual wants to manufacture and sell firearms, he or she is required to obtain a license, and mark each firearm manufactured in accordance with 27 CFR 478.92. [18 U.S.C. 923(i), 26 U.S.C. 5822]

I didn't get that from what I've read. But you work at a shop and may have more up to date info than I do. From what I recall you can't even legally get someone else to finish it out for you.
And where would one go to determine ones SN? You don’t “register” so essentially you’re engraving your own random number into a lower, means nothing, never traveled trough an FFL so it just engraving in metal wouldn’t help or hurt their cause. Negligible

If we were talking a form 1 it will have engraved credentials from you when you manufactured it and a serial number which was either registered during the NFA process or originally came with the weapon you form 1d

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom