• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 80% Lower Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firear...rms-ammunition-firearms-verification-overviewReceivers that meet the definition of a “firearm” must have markings, including a serial number. See 27 CFR § 478.92 (Firearm manufacturers marking requirements).

My understanding from my former employer an 02/07 who had a lot of dealing with the ATF is that when you decide to sell your 80% lower it needs to be marked with manufacturer information which is outlined in the link above. Which is basically your name and address and an assigned serial number and model. While it is not in the regulations the ATF will no longer take an all letter serial number.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/firear...rms-ammunition-firearms-verification-overviewReceivers that meet the definition of a “firearm” must have markings, including a serial number. See 27 CFR § 478.92 (Firearm manufacturers marking requirements).

My understanding from my former employer an 02/07 who had a lot of dealing with the ATF is that when you decide to sell your 80% lower it needs to be marked with manufacturer information which is outlined in the link above. Which is basically your name and address and an assigned serial number and model. While it is not in the regulations the ATF will no longer take an all letter serial number.
Would love to see the writing that states “when you sell you must” in regards to private party selling seeing as that’s been the crux here
He’s correct if he was selling it as a business

I just want to add that I appreciate all the explatainment efforts on this topic!

Aside from the new rule, I am not sure where we landed on the background situation. I think this has legs, maybe another day or two before we reach a final impasse or a mod steps on it.

Would love to see the writing that states “when you sell you must” in regards to private party selling seeing as that’s been the crux here
He’s correct if he was selling it as a business

The ATF has a history of court cases against people selling both without a license and unmarked guns. The ATF does not have a specific number of guns, nor does profit come into play. If you want to gamble on selling unmarked guns. Feel free but that is a road that can bite you.

What does a road bite feel like? :boink:

FBI-Raid.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom