• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New 9 round magazines for Glock 43

Everything that is produced is gonna have a few that get out of spec and make it to the public!
Unfortunately I just tasted this this in a case of pepsi I bought! no flavor, all carbonation, am I gonna stop drinking pepsi for a error that got through?
Sheild arms is working to correct all these issues from my research. Again to each their own! Thats why I test all my gear to my satisfaction before it gets into Edc carry

If a company has enough bad apples in their product line, I’d stay away. So you test yours, and they work. Might be that they work right up until the point that they don’t work, and you don’t get to pick that point.

When someone says, “I’ve tested it for thousands of rounds and it works perfectly.”, what I hear is “I’ve fatigued the crap out of this substandard part and I’m a-gonna keep on using it to protect my life, and the lives of my loved ones.”

There are plenty of guns out there that come right out of the box with factory magazines that hold the capacity that y’all crave and desire. No reason to decrease the effectiveness of your handgun while trying to increase its capacity. Reliability is more important than capacity, up to a point.

No reason to decrease the effectiveness of your handgun while trying to increase its capacity. Reliability is more important than capacity, up to a point.
I can agree with you on this
Yet We are also taking about a company with 2 diffrent products for 2 diffrent guns.
Will the S9 perform flawlessly for everyone? (only one way to find out)
To me this is no diffrent than putting a diffrent trigger spring or a flat trigger versus the factory curved on?

I am willing to take the same risk with this S9 sure as have many others thst have done it with a +2 or +3 base plate that doesn't change anything else.

(Best thing is my factory mag is not altered so one could be a back up incase of failure)

I can agree with you on this
Yet We are also taking about a company with 2 diffrent products for 2 diffrent guns.
Will the S9 perform flawlessly for everyone? (only one way to find out)
To me this is no diffrent than putting a diffrent trigger spring or a flat trigger versus the factory curved on?

I am willing to take the same risk with this S9 sure as have many others thst have done it with a +2 or +3 base plate that doesn't change anything else.

(Best thing is my factory mag is not altered so one could be a back up incase of failure)

Can’t compare an aftermarket magazine that also requires you to swap out the magazine release, to a factory +2 extension that fits on the factory magazine.

You can’t talk about swapping out triggers without talking about WHICH trigger, or WHO did the install.

Trigger spring kits also tend to have striker and disconnect springs. All these parts work together to ensure reliable ignition. We lighten up springs to make the triggers lighter, and we sacrifice reliability at the same time. There ain’t no free lunch, and that is not how the Glock was designed to operate.

The most reliable handguns that show up in my courses are stock, or fairly stock, Glocks.

By far, the most unreliable handguns I have seen in my courses are Glocks that have been modified, and/or are using aftermarket magazines. Not all unmodified Glocks are unreliable, but the Glocks that are unreliable are ALWAYS modified, and/or running aftermarket magazines.

So folks modify their Glocks because they prefer the feel of a flat trigger, whilst sacrificing reliability on many cases. If they were being honest with themselves, most like them because they look different, and they can’t leave well enough alone.

They deviate from the magazine that was specifically designed to perform flawlessly in the Glock, to one that was specifically designed to increase capacity.

All day long at the shop I hear customers talk about this trigger and that trigger, and this and that magazine. I’d be more impressed to hear about their abilities with said gun. How many times they passed the Triple Nickel in a day would impress me more than the color of Cerakote they chose.

Can’t compare an aftermarket magazine that also requires you to swap out the magazine release, to a factory +2 extension that fits on the factory

Hmm I have yet to see a Factory Glock +2 extension for the Glock 43 magazines. I have seen the Pearce, hyze and a host of other mag extensions for the 43 just not a factory one.

Thank you for the friendly discussion, It has been informative and we could go on for a while. I do agree with you that the best is a straight up stock gun for reliability. Yes Every change from the factory configuration comes with its own set of variables that could be either good or bad.

My 43 spends more time at the range or in a safe than it does on my hip. as I prefer to carry a revolver. My plan is to defend my family and not to get in a war. yea, I know plans are worthless and to always be prepared like a Boyscout.

Hmm I have yet to see a Factory Glock +2 extension for the Glock 43 magazines. I have seen the Pearce, hyze and a host of other mag extensions for the 43 just not a factory one.

Thank you for the friendly discussion, It has been informative and we could go on for a while. I do agree with you that the best is a straight up stock gun for reliability. Yes Every change from the factory configuration comes with its own set of variables that could be either good or bad.

My 43 spends more time at the range or in a safe than it does on my hip. as I prefer to carry a revolver. My plan is to defend my family and not to get in a war. yea, I know plans are worthless and to always be prepared like a Boyscout.

I didn’t say Glock made a factory +2 extension for the G43. I was talking about the factory Glock extensions, in general.

The fight will be what the fight will be, not what we plan, train, or wish for.

Back
Top Bottom