• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New ad for banning "Assualt Clips"

This is the REAL argument. We know that banning 33 round magazines will not make anything any safer. But along the same lines, why are sawed off shotguns banned? Why can't we stockpile grenades and RPGs? If I wanted to own a tank, don't I have the right as long as I don't hurt anyone? Where do you draw the line? There is a fine line between stomping on your rights and using common sense. We really don't have as much liberty as you may think to start with. Last I checked, if the Gov wants to add a lane to a busy road they can annex my property and do whatever the hell they want, so I don't pretend that citizens are all that empowered to begin with. Seems like some of you will only be happy with government when it ceases to exist. Good luck with that.

my question for you is this... did banning sawed off shotguns stop people from making and using them? Nope. Same as the north hollywood shooters... every gun they had was illegal. The laws put in place did not stop them for a second.

This is the REAL argument. We know that banning 33 round magazines will not make anything any safer. But along the same lines, why are sawed off shotguns banned? Why can't we stockpile grenades and RPGs? If I wanted to own a tank, don't I have the right as long as I don't hurt anyone? Where do you draw the line? There is a fine line between stomping on your rights and using common sense. We really don't have as much liberty as you may think to start with. Last I checked, if the Gov wants to add a lane to a busy road they can annex my property and do whatever the hell they want, so I don't pretend that citizens are all that empowered to begin with. Seems like some of you will only be happy with government when it ceases to exist. Good luck with that.

Destructive devices, short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, AOWs, machine guns and suppressors are regulated under the National Firearms Act of 1934. Believe it or not you could order what you wanted before that. I've seen original Sear catalogues that listed brand new Thompsons for mail order. I bet at 1900 you didn't see the annexation of property. It's a slow progression of our rights being eroded. For far too long nobody has taken interest or stood up for it. It wasn't until the 1930s (out country being around since 1776) that we saw the massize increase in our government. The problem is once government gets a hold of something, it doesn't let go.

Just look how stupid the 1994 AWB was it was more about banning the evil features of "assault rifles" than preventing crime.
I mean when was the last time you heard of criminals yelling "fix bayonets" prior to entering and robbing the bank? Yet some dumb ass politician thinks banning these features will save a life.

Just look how stupid the 1994 AWB was it was more about banning the evil features of "assault rifles" than preventing crime.
I mean when was the last time you heard of criminals yelling "fix bayonets" prior to entering and robbing the bank? Yet some dumb ass politician thinks banning these features will save a life.

Ive yet to see a bank robber with a bayonet! LOL. That would be a sight to see though

Ive yet to see a bank robber with a bayonet! LOL. That would be a sight to see though

But yet politicians felt the need to please the sheeple and ban those nasty evil "assault rifles" with their "high capacity clips" and the bayonet lugs. Oh I almost forgot the the shroud thing that goes up that one was priceless.

which reminds me:

http://youtu.be/DO6pjHiVEVA

how do you embed a video from youtube?

But yet politicians felt the need to please the sheeple and ban those nasty evil "assault rifles" with their "high capacity clips" and the bayonet lugs. Oh I almost forgot the the shroud thing that goes up that one was priceless.

yeah gotta love um for trying. Seeing is how a flashhider on a rifle makes you a DC sniper.

Back
Top Bottom