• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Army Gun - This is AWESOME!

Looks like something right out of the Alien Movies. Next we Get pulse rifles firing 10mm case less with explosive warheads and then we get them together. I guess the old saying is true, when the economy is down, Americans just find ways to kill more people more efficiently.

I guess I have been drinking, but before seeing the picture and reading "shoulder fired" I envisioned a US Army Soldier with a should mounted grenade launcher (kinda like the predators should cannon) looking through a helmet interface. lol

Heavy cover and Jungle are best handled by 155mm ... kinda close is all you really need.
However, for precision work:
The Navy has a 55mm canon that has a "programmable" round: AP, time-over/beyond-target Air Burst, proximity, etc;
The programming is by round (within the round itself), in the magazine and controlled by radar, laser, and the operator
At about 100 rounds per minute, it can ruin the bad guys day in a hurry!

Yeah, the 203 was more of an indirect fire weapon at the team/squad level so I would say it would have the same problem but the 203 round doesn't arm itself until it has reached a certain number of rotations. I wonder if this round would be the same thing but programmable so that it would arm until right before detonation.

Seen them testing one of these on the tube couple years ago and seems they do program them at what ever distance they set it at... I may be wrong, but seems like that is what I remember them saying about it.

Back
Top Bottom