• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New B-21 Raider revealed tonight....

1670033852426.png

Is this a manned flight plane or a unmanned drone of some kind? manned and flight controlled from the ground at the same time?

Nothing surprises me anymore.
So… they can send unmanned rockets to orbit the moon and back but still want to have manned bombers flying over enemy territory. Seems legit…

So… they can send unmanned rockets to orbit the moon and back but still want to have manned bombers flying over enemy territory. Seems legit…

Humans can do things machines can't in certain situations :)

Radio controlled is great until your signal is jammed.

Looks cool, I wonder how the maintenance costs are?

new cars, new planes more complicated .....

Why a government would make the purchase of super secret stealth bombers major news is beyond me. To many mouths flapping about what our military is capable of. This kind of thing sickens me.
Would you prefer them spending trillions of your dollars on "something" without you knowing about it? "Trust us, we're getting you a good deal and watching out for you."

But seriously, it's not like this aircraft is unknown. It's been known about for while, it's just that no one had pictures, only artist renditions, which ended up being close to spot on anyway. Actual capabilities are still classified, and it can't be a deterrent if no one knows it exists.

Seems 10 would be enough, but I guess
they get a discount if they buy 100 or more.
I say save the money and just tell the world
we're building a bunch of 'em. Stealth bombers
so they can't see 'em anyway. Heck, who cares
whether they're blown into oblivion by an old
B-52 or a brand new B-21?
Main problem is after the military gets such a
fine piece of machinery in their hands they're
itching for a reason to use it to prove they really
needed it.
Saw a video on the Grumman Goose the other day.
Amphibious flying boat, only knew of PBY before.
Odds are good anything from Grumman Iron Works
will be A-ok.

Based on what I read - two man crew.
The blurb I saw said they could also fly unmanned.

Makes sense since if I remember right the older ones are completely unstable in flight without constant computer control.

And I'm not going to complain about a plane that came in on-time and budget and might make China think twice about going after Taiwan.

The modular design means this will have a pretty long service life too, so they should get their money's worth from it.

Back
Top Bottom