• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Beretta PCC

George Kelgren (Owner of Keltec) was involved in the gun this is based on. I would like to see them produce something like a Scorpion at half the cost, or a Bullpup 9mm PCC at a similar price point. I think Keltec quality has improved a bit over the years, but their prices have gone up proportionately.

There's a lot of untapped market share between the price point of a Hi Point 995 and a Stribog...
Not Keltec. They bought this PMX design from B&T. Look up the B&T P26. Pic of my P26 for reference-

Attachments

• BAFC94BA-B092-4D91-A2AF-F630BA73D8FD.jpeg
    BAFC94BA-B092-4D91-A2AF-F630BA73D8FD.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 27
Not Keltec. They bought this PMX design from B&T. Look up the B&T P26. Pic of my P26 for reference-
Good evening. I did not say it was based on a Kel-Tec. :-) I said that the owner of Kel-Tec was involved in the gun this Beretta is based on. The B&T P26 is loosely modeled after the Interdynamics KG9/ Intratec tech nine, which Kelgren was involved with ( before Grendel and KelTec)

I'll bet they sell well even with the propriety mag. People complained about that with the EVO but it certainly didn't stop that from taking off. As long as the Beretta mags are reasonably priced and easily available that won't be much of a problem.

And if they are in the $1K ballpark they won't be all that different from the rest of the pack. The EVO is $900-$1200 in a lot of places now.

I could see this doing pretty well, especially if it gets good reviews when it gets over here.

I'll bet they sell well even with the propriety mag. People complained about that with the EVO but it certainly didn't stop that from taking off. As long as the Beretta mags are reasonably priced and easily available that won't be much of a problem.

And if they are in the $1K ballpark they won't be all that different from the rest of the pack. The EVO is $900-$1200 in a lot of places now.

I could see this doing pretty well, especially if it gets good reviews when it gets over here.
Beretta already has one mag platform that is interchangeable with the Px4 and Cv4, so it's not a foreign concept to it.

I'd like to know why the Px4 mags couldn't be used.

straight blow back..... meh.
Interesting.

I’m not knocking your opinion, I’m just curious as to why you would be opposed to that.

I guess I have never thought about that being a factor in buying a gun.
Maybe I’m missing something and need to reevaluate some of my purchases.

Please explain, I want to learn.
(Legitimately curious and not being a smart ass).

Interesting.

I’m not knocking your opinion, I’m just curious as to why you would be opposed to that.

I guess I have never thought about that being a factor in buying a gun.
Maybe I’m missing something and need to reevaluate some of my purchases.

Please explain, I want to learn.
(Legitimately curious and not being a smart ass).
Straight blowback means that nothing is locking the bolt shut until the pressure of the round that was fired has dissipated, except for the weight of the bolt and spring.

This makes manufacturing easier and usually cheaper. But, the price is paid and overall weight ( from the heavier than normal bolt ) and, in turn, recoil.

There is a noticeable difference between a roller delayed ( Banshee, Mp5, Stribog Sp9a3) or locked breech ( MPX, etc) 9 mm braced pistol and a blowback operated one like a Scorpion or Stribog SP9A1.

Many people are shocked to find that the recoil is similar to or greater than 5.56 in a similar sized platform- with much less range and kinetic energy...

Straight blowback means that nothing is locking the bolt shut until the pressure of the round that was fired has dissipated, except for the weight of the bolt and spring.

This makes manufacturing easier and usually cheaper. But, the price is paid and overall weight ( from the heavier than normal bolt ) and, in turn, recoil.

There is a noticeable difference between a roller delayed ( Banshee, Mp5, Stribog Sp9a3) or locked breech ( MPX, etc) 9 mm braced pistol and a blowback operated one like a Scorpion or Stribog SP9A1.

Many people are shocked to find that the recoil is similar to or greater than 5.56 in a similar sized platform- with much less range and muzzle energy...
Thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom