• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Colt Cobra

NewLeaf

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Glad2bHere
30   0
Reaction score
To whom it may delight = Probably (most likely) old news to most. I just learned today that Colt is now producing revolvers again. A new Cobra .38 can be had for under $700 and they are talking King Cobra & Anaconda in the near future....talking?? Personally...I've been looking forward to Colt bringing back some roots. $619 at Dahlonega Gun

A new I frame sized revolver would be nice but whatever they call it, it won't be a Python. The action will be different - it's my understanding all the old equipment was scrapped - all the old time gunsmiths are gone so hand fitting all those "fragile" parts I keep hearing about would present new "technicians" with a steep learning curve. All that equipment, talent, and training adds up to a profit busting proposition for a company on the edge of bankruptcy...again.

A new I frame sized revolver would be nice but whatever they call it, it won't be a Python. The action will be different - it's my understanding all the old equipment was scrapped - all the old time gunsmiths are gone so hand fitting all those "fragile" parts I keep hearing about would present new "technicians" with a steep learning curve. All that equipment, talent, and training adds up to a profit busting proposition for a company on the edge of bankruptcy...again.

There is an article on the new revolvers. It's not near as nice as the originals.

Just watched a lot of reviews on this one and they were very good. I didn't know that the old Cobras were alloy framed and the new one all steel (interesting). hickok45 approved. But I don't believe every little thing i read or hear....even on here. The camera don't lie though

Back
Top Bottom