• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New duty gun coming down the pike....probably.....

Really?

Decisions on MAJOR military contracts are heavily influenced by Congress .. Who (naturally) are influenced by ... MONEY!

I can assure you that our choice of duty weapon has absolutely no influence from anyone in Congress. I’m not sure why you’re talking about Congressional influence on MAJOR military contracts when I’m posting about a comparatively MINOR law enforcement contract.

Really?

Decisions on MAJOR military contracts are heavily influenced by Congress .. Who (naturally) are influenced by ... MONEY!

We currently use the SIG P229. Our cost for a P229 is over twice what we’ll be buying for the P320. In the long run, that’s a huge savings.

We currently issue the .357SIG round. Going to 9mm will save a lot of taxpayer money. Additionally, guns chambered in 9mm tend to last longer and have less parts failure than guns chambered in .357SIG. So, not only will the guns cost quite a bit less, they will last longer and should require less maintenance.

This isn't meant to "Beat You Up" over decision, but to focus on the decision that resulted in your agency's decision:
DoD has decided that SIG will be the sidearm of the future ... there's a contract in place to facilitate that decision.

Your agency (likely) afforded themselves of using that contract to make the acquisition ...If they didn't then, maybe someone should ask the procurement officers if they are prepared to go to Lompoc, California. The federal prison there is filled with former contracting officers who now make really good highway signs!

The original decision to acquire SIG firearms chambered in .357 SIG, should involve an investigation by the Justice Department Fraud and Abuse Unit ...

Back
Top Bottom