• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New England Arms .410 barrel swaps

Laxguy59

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
64   0
Reaction score
They seem to look similar, but I'm not sure about compatibility. The Handi-Rifle barrel in 45-70 is what I want to place on my .410 pardner shotgun. Does anyone know if it would fit or if the break barrle design is different on the Handi-rifle.

Additionally, I thought about getting the .410/45LC barrel for my pardner rifle that is actually advertised for the specific gun, but it says they won't send a barrel out and I must send in my gun so they can fit the barrel. I can't imagine fit would be much of an issue when switching from a .410 barrel to a .410/45LC barrel. Does anyone know if there is more to this process then I understand. Will I have to send my gun off to them from an FFL or receive it back at an FFL paying transfer fees?

Thanks,
Laxguy

Edit* found out the metals used are different for the rile barrels and the shotgun barrels. Handi-rifle can take all barrels except for 10 guage, but shotgun can only take other shotgun barrels for .410-12. But the question still stands, Do I need to ship and receive from an FFL or can a normal citizen send and receive a firearm they already own.

Ps. I'd call them, but the ideas struck on the weekend, so I assume their customer service is closed till Monday.

Last edited:
It needs to go to the factory to have the barrel fitted to the receiver. A properly qualified gunsmith could also do the job, if you had the barrel. Give it a little more thought. If you are sending it back, might as well get any other caliber you may have an interest in.

Per ATF rules, you can ship to and receive from the manufacturer of your firearm. You may ship a long gun via USPS, BUT a handgun can ONLY ship via common carrier (FedEx/UPS) They will only ship it over night, which happens to be about the most expensive way to ship it. You don't show your location. If you are near Acworth, send me PM if you need any assistance in shipping it. I have done this before. I tried to find the ATF regs to support my statements regarding mailings, but I have not located them, and I grow weary from looking. Sorry.

Back
Top Bottom