• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New England Fall Foliage?

GFB

Default rank 5000+ posts
. . .
24   0
Reaction score
I am thinking about going up to New England somewhere for a few days in September or October. I've been to most the US but never been to anywhere in New England. If anyone has any suggestions on where to go, I'd appreciate hearing them. I've looked online already but wanted to know if anyone has anything to suggest based on their personal experience. Thanks for your input.

Lived in central CT for a couple of years in the mid nineties (man it was miserable). The foliage during the fall was amazing, but all the natives told me New Hampshire has some of the most scenic roads that time of year. Never got to see it however.

Lived in central CT for a couple of years in the mid nineties (man it was miserable). The foliage during the fall was amazing, but all the natives told me New Hampshire has some of the most scenic roads that time of year. Never got to see it however.
Whitenville, mass. When the leaves change. Most anywhere in Maine. If you drive up, go thru D.C. and stop by Arlington National cemetery for the changing of the guard at the tomb of the unknowns. It's very impressive.

White Mountains of New Hampshire.

This. My wife and I flew up to Manchester 2 years ago and drove up to the White Mountainsand the foliage was amazing. Foua state park and did a waterfall hike. Then we drove up to Cannon Mountain and did a hike. From there, we ended up driving over to York, Maine for the night. It was only a couple of hours away and it kept the foliage tour going. The time of year was the first week of October and the foliage was just about peak.

Are you driving up? If so make yourself aware of each states gun laws.

I lived in central PA for 13 winters and drove through the Mid Atlantic states for work. You don't have to go that far North to see great scenery as Virginia and West Virginia are nice, but I did spend Labor day weekend in Burlington VT one year and even that early in the season the leaves were changing and there was frost on the ground one morning.
You can't quite see Canada from there but it felt like you should.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom