• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Eye of Round experiment

DinkyDau

Coast Guard Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Your only as good as your word!
171   0
Reaction score
Saw a recipe for Eye or Round and working on it now..
Roast ready and in
Asparagus Casserole done
Mushrooms slow cooking
Sour Cream and Fresh Horseradish chillen.
Now the 2.5 hr wait with the oven turned off.
Like I said just trying a new experiment, Pic's to follow good or bad..
Eye of round.jpg

Eye of round1.jpg

The recipe sounds like it is a path to failure, but I respect the person that said it...Set oven at 500 degrees, salt and pepper roast, coated in olive oil. Then put in the oven and turn down to 475 degrees at 7 minutes per lb. Once it's time is over turn off oven and let roast sit inside oven for 2.5 hrs..Had several tell me, it comes out medium rare, Tender and not tough...Will see and I did season the roast, the way I like..

The recipe sounds like it is a path to failure, but I respect the person that said it...Set oven at 500 degrees, salt and pepper roast, coated in olive oil. Then put in the oven and turn down to 475 degrees at 7 minutes per lb. Once it's time is over turn off oven and let roast sit inside oven for 2.5 hrs..Had several tell me, it comes out medium rare, Tender and not tough...Will see and I did season the roast, the way I like..
Similar to the technique I deploy for my annual Christmas prime rib - always perfect - good luck

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Similar to the technique I deploy for my annual Christmas prime rib - always perfect - good luck

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Yes I do a boneless rib eye roast for the holidays and tie it up , gotta always make the horseradish sauce to go with it..Oh and the Roasted Tatters also..

Back
Top Bottom