• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Ford F-150 Lightning EV

I think your right. At least this version will be a soccer mom's wet commuter dream. No one that actually uses a truck for work will be to interested in this thing.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a36481590/ford-f150-lightning-range-towing/
There is a cadre of upscale people who buy 4WDs, Super trucks, ATVs and what not. The thing they have in common is that none of their toys have ever even been off their driveway into the Bermuda grass - let alone any real 'dirt.'

Personally I would be more concerned with the truck being all aluminum. It requires special tooling and special training to repair and I can promise you most of the all aluminum vehicles that have been repaired have not been done properly.

Hello, 2015 called. It wants its talking point back.

It's the future....
So is this. Ain't it a great time to be alive? :pound:

alibaba_child_sex_dolls.jpg

Hello, 2015 called. It wants its talking point back.

Are you actively in the collision industry? Have you ever seen some of the abortions called repairs on aluminum vehicles? Do you have professional experience repairing aluminum vehicles? Have you ever had a manufacturer's certification in aluminum repair?

Are you actively in the collision industry? Have you ever seen some of the abortions called repairs on aluminum vehicles? Do you have professional experience repairing aluminum vehicles? Have you ever had a manufacturer's certification in aluminum repair?

No sir, nor do I care. That’s the insurance companies problem.

As a general rule I try to avoid colliding with other objects.

Awwwww. Why?

I like to hear and feel the engine as I drive....just never been a fan of the EVs. I'm not their target customer.

Ridden in some hybrids and the experience wasn't very fun - just a basic commuter car. Perhaps the Lightning will be better, but it will never sound like the Five-Oh with a nice set of mufflers...lol. Not a fan of the Mach E either....

If I was in the market for an F-150, I'd look at the 5.0 V8 or the 3.0 V6 turbo diesel.

EVs may be the future but they should quit calling them cars.
PTUs would be more accurate. Personal Transportation Unit.
If Ford (or any other manufacturer) wants to have a new sales
success bring back a decent small truck. Ya know, size of the old
Hi-lux, B2000, Hardbody, S-10, original Ranger.. Not everyone
wants/needs bigguns and right now that's all they make.
Now of course I could be wrong. Has happened before.
Six times already in 2021 and it ain't even June yet.

Back
Top Bottom