• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Ga QB?

They’re going all in on the dual threat model. Interesting. Either they want to change their offensive scheme or running QBs want to prove they can win in a pro-style offense. I am guessing the former.

Is it going to work better than what they do now?

If I understood this well enough to regurgitate, I think changing to that RPO-focused offense is sometimes implemented due to weak personnel or key player losses. If that’s true, makes sense in the short term to roll with the gimmick. UGA is going to have some shoes that need filling straight away.

If I understood this well enough to regurgitate, I think changing to that RPO-focused offense is sometimes implemented due to weak personnel or key player losses. If that’s true, makes sense in the short term to roll with the gimmick. UGA is going to have some shoes that need filling straight away.
RPO is good if you can run it efficiently and have players who can block and disguise well. They seem to struggle most with fast defenses that can clog up the interior with 4 rushers and drop the rest back in protection. Should be interesting to see how GA, who historically has been a run first pass second pro style offense fares going to a RPO offense. Especially since they lost all but 2 starters on offense.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom