• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Georgia Corn laws??

Hilltopper

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
I just started this thread so as I can keep up on the NEW Ga. law coming down the pike.
Explain what has happened so far & what to expect. . how long tioll every thing is oked? ETC.
Thanks
topper

Last edited:
Only for the Southern Region I heard. The new DNR director was busted for hunting over bait way back when and it gonna legalize it but only in his home turf...

I think its a bad law. Bad for hunting. Will increase disease. Bad for the reputation of our sport.

Although I'm not an avid hunter, I enjoy deer hunting. Baiting is a legal practice in other states from what I've heard. I don't know how it attributes to increased disease or how it has impacted other states, but I could see where it would decrease the "sport" of hunting. I think the deer are overpopulated and glad to see limits increasing. I commend many hunters who planted food plots. Now all you will need is to buy a bag of corn and hang a feeder.

I live in the wrong county... In 20 years you could could the number of deer I've seen here on one hand. Must be different in the Southern zones...
Oh they are there. I can sit in my parents backyard in the city limits of Gainesville and count more than 5 in one evening.

First let me make it clear that I am not anti-hunting, as I am a hunter myself. I have always believed that the purpose of a food plot was to increase the herd and the health of the herd. If we hunt over a baited field, why don't we just place a high fence around the herd and allow, say 30 minutes, of firing before we go in and claim our game. Over a food plot is not "huting" to me, just shooting. There are more deer in Ga. now than there was 200 hundred years ago and thats because of managing the herds. The support from hunters in taxes and fees is the reason why. Peta and all the other "anti pukes" contribute nothing. Sorry, I just get a little wound sometimes.

I live in the south & am old I plant food plots on my land . I DO NOT HARVEST the crops so----My food plots are for any strech is nothing but a planted BAIT PLOT. I have hunted over bait in florida & s/c where it is legal. I like it! I can not figgure why some of these guys would be so mean as to not want me to do what I want as far as hunting & feeding my deer on my land. Disease Just ain't going to happen. all states reporting = No increase . It has reduced the deer/ car crashes by quite a bit. And the soybean & peanut ETC. farmers are going to get a fair shake & get a crop for a change. LETS GIVE this a try . I remember when the same stink was about cross bows . Now no one even thinks twice about them... bait will be the same

Last edited:
First let me make it clear that I am not anti-hunting, as I am a hunter myself. I have always believed that the purpose of a food plot was to increase the herd and the health of the herd. If we hunt over a baited field, why don't we just place a high fence around the herd and allow, say 30 minutes, of firing before we go in and claim our game. Over a food plot is not "huting" to me, just shooting. There are more deer in Ga. now than there was 200 hundred years ago and thats because of managing the herds. The support from hunters in taxes and fees is the reason why. Peta and all the other "anti pukes" contribute nothing. Sorry, I just get a little wound sometimes.

I don't get it either. There is no skill involved at all. Not what I would call hunting.

I agree ^^^. Just My Opinion. Might as well just make the season 24/7 + no rules = No Sport, or skill required. Hunting over Bait is only needed for lazy people. It's not Skilled Hunting in my book. And I' bet most of the idiots passing the bill have ever hunted or have a clue. What's next Night Hunting with Night Vision scopes.

I agree ^^^. Just My Opinion. Might as well just make the season 24/7 + no rules = No Sport, or skill required. Hunting over Bait is only needed for "lazy" people. It's not Skilled Hunting in my book. And I' bet most of the idiots passing the bill have ever hunted or have a clue. What's next Night Hunting with Night Vision scopes.
You have the key word here. It's the mentality that is prevalent these days. Everybody wants everything conveniently right in front of them so they don't have to work for it. Pretty pathetic really.

Back
Top Bottom