• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Georgia Corn laws??

Respectfully - I think your fooling yourself to compare rattling or estrus to a pile of corn. I've seen it for almost 30 years....there is no comparison. Put it this way... If I could hunt over a pile of corn i'd fill 10 tags in GA in the first week or two.

which one would get you more, a loaf of bread or some hot chick? You cant deny what sex drive does to people, and animals act similarly on instincts to reproduce. During this time of year they loose a good chunk of their survival instinct due to thinking with the wrong head. Dont fool yourself by denying that 10 out of 10 red blooded american males would choose the hot chick over the bread. I almost feel your jealously is due to it only being the bottom half of the state whereas you wish it was the whole state. Maybe hunt in S. Ga this year and fill your tags quick then. Lord knows we need it...

Take a look at Michigan. I don't think Texas is a good compare as my understanding the overall deer population density is less that MI and GA.

I would love to hear how they justify that one...

Because we are OVER RUN with deer & the northern part has VERY few deer.

ALSO , wHO THE HECK THINKS KILLING A deer IS SOME KIND OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT?? Thats Just weard

You have to prove Damages to DNR and it has to be Extreme, and no there's nothing hypocritical about it. Sport vs Property DAMAGE. People that know me that I have told about shooting those Deer at night I've also told them it was one of the most Distgusting, Unsports like embarrising thing I've ever done, And I would never do it again. They just stand there when you turn the light on, and you shoot 3-5 or more no problem. It went against everything I was taught and learned a valuable lesson. No it's not an unwinnable fight, I just believe it's wrong! If that's the type of hunting you do or Believe in you'd never be hunting on our Property! Legal or Not. It's a sad day when all you have to do is spred the food out and shoot.

You have to prove Damages to DNR and it has to be Extreme, and no there's nothing hypocritical about it. Sport vs Property DAMAGE. People that know me that I have told about shooting those Deer at night I've also told them it was one of the most Distgusting, Unsports like embarrising thing I've ever done, And I would never do it again. They just stand there when you turn the light on, and you shoot 3-5 or more no problem. It went against everything I was taught and learned a valuable lesson. No it's not an unwinnable fight, I just believe it's wrong! If that's the type of hunting you do or Believe in you'd never be hunting on our Property! Legal or Not. It's a sad day when all you have to do is spred the food out and shoot.

If you referenced my previous posts you would see I am not that kind of hunter. Unlike others, I have never killed a deer at night nor out of season. I have been a part of a pig permit and there was nothing detailed about it. they simpy asked if they were causing property damage capable of financial lost. the simple answer was yes and the permit was issued. Did you know that pigs are sexually mature at 6 months old. Have 8-13 piglets 2x per year and are very very hardy... In order to maintain a steady number of feral pigs 7 out of every 10 need to be culled. Did you ever hunt over a cut corn field, pea, or soybean? Whats the difference? One is is a small pile on the ground, while the other is spread out over acres.

which one would get you more, a loaf of bread or some hot chick? You cant deny what sex drive does to people, and animals act similarly on instincts to reproduce. During this time of year they loose a good chunk of their survival instinct due to thinking with the wrong head. Dont fool yourself by denying that 10 out of 10 red blooded american males would choose the hot chick over the bread. I almost feel your jealously is due to it only being the bottom half of the state whereas you wish it was the whole state. Maybe hunt in S. Ga this year and fill your tags quick then. Lord knows we need it...

Now your just being a wise a##. Clearly- you don't have much experience deer hunting if you think it is in ANY WAY comparable. I've hunted ALL over this state. I'm not jealous as I wouldn't hunt over a corn pile ANYWHERE in the state unless it was for control purposes. You either have ethics are you don't - and this is the way my grandaddy taught me. If your overun- why do you need a cornpile? Have a good season.

Last edited:
Well then its "ALREADY" legal to bait deer as well as hunt deer out of season and at night with a permit of course."

Yea exactly - your the one that said "When your a property owner, and you live off the land, and animals like hogs and deer destoy what you work for and you still feel against the passing of a baiting bill please let me know."

So - WHICH IS IT? IT was already legal for pest control...so whats your point son?

Yea exactly - your the one that said "When your a property owner, and you live off the land, and animals like hogs and deer destoy what you work for and you still feel against the passing of a baiting bill please let me know."

So - WHICH IS IT? IT was already legal for pest control...so whats your point son?

Respectfully, My point stays the same, its legal now, and whether or not I choose to participate there is nothing that can be done about it. Its the same as anything else in hunting, its point is to gain an unfair edge. THATS THE POINT... End of story son.

Because we are OVER RUN with deer & the northern part has VERY few deer.

ALSO , wHO THE HECK THINKS KILLING A deer IS SOME KIND OF AN ACCOMPLISHMENT?? Thats Just weard
If u enter the woods in camouflage with a rifle during deer season, what are you trying to accomplish? If it is something other than to kill a deer then tell me what you are attempting to accomplish.

Bait=using a substance such as food, scent, or decoy to attract or lure an animal for capture or kill. That's just what my dictionary says. So I also agree with spar. Tinks, foodplots, gels, and corn all by definition is bait. If you don't agree then take that up with Webster.

Back
Top Bottom