• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Gerhog Deal - HellFighter™ X-15 Tactical Entry Light

gkatl

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
$64.50 for a $129.95 HellFighter&#8482; X-15 Tactical Entry Light

Sounds tempting to me. . . Wondering if anyone can vouch for this particular light?

Well - I did a little bit of that. There are a couple of problems. One is that I believe this product is pretty new, so it's hard for me to find any reviews online. The other problem is that I don't trust anyone, so I was hoping for some opinions of people that I could rely on. I read one review that states the light is a "rip off" of one from Viper Research. The review didn't state whether or not the light was worth a crap, just that it was a "knock off".

Still trying to find any decent info. . .

Just looking at the specs I am not very impressed. "Up to" one hour run time with 2 CR123's and the stock halogen lamp? Just the fact that it is a halogen lamp is questionable, but the short run time is also unimpressive. They do offer an LED and rechargeable battery upgrade that boosts run time to 3 hours, for $50 extra, and that is still not too great. A claimed 150 lumens, but only one mode, no low-high switching (which is touted by the maker a feature lol).

On the plus side it looks to be well made, with o-rings and a nice case, and says it will withstand 1250G's in bore-axis shock. It is also made in the USA which is a plus.

Just looking at the specs I am not very impressed. "Up to" one hour run time with 2 CR123's and the stock halogen lamp? Just the fact that it is a halogen lamp is questionable, but the short run time is also unimpressive. They do offer an LED and rechargeable battery upgrade that boosts run time to 3 hours, for $50 extra, and that is still not too great. A claimed 150 lumens, but only one mode, no low-high switching (which is touted by the maker a feature lol).

On the plus side it looks to be well made, with o-rings and a nice case, and says it will withstand 1250G's in bore-axis shock. It is also made in the USA which is a plus.

Thank you, sir. That does help.

Back
Top Bottom