• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New gun storage area for me!!

Drooling... nice job.
Is the ceiling concrete poured directly into the steel (or metal) decking? Where did you get the decking?
Does snapsafe offer a tumbler lock?
Yes the concrete was poured into the decking after placing the rebar grid in place over it. Concrete is 4" thick overhead. I got the decking from Shoal Creek Building Supply. I don't know if they offer a tumbler lock, I could not find one listed on their website.

Crazy-Comfy-Gun-Owner.jpg

Whenever I had a the portable dehumidifiers they only lasted me about a year.... I finally bought a whole house dehumidifer and it has lasted right at 8-9 years. It was about 1000 bucks.... I have it set to sample the air every hour and it will keep the basement right where I need it!

I run a standing humidifier that pump water out a hose that I ran through the wall. No more emptying buckets of water. I also use those compressed blocks that look like they are sewened into little burlap sacks. Once third full you just sit them in the sun to dry then out again. Plus on my blue steel guns I keep in Bore Stores gun socks. They are silicone impregnated to keep moisture out. Maybe a bit of over kill but barrel and reciever pitting is death to a sentimental piece of family history. My little shop is probably 12×12 so the large humidifier is probably enough.

Back
Top Bottom