• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New guy needs help with bill of sale

Yeah, I said so here days ago.
I'm just correcting your false statement that without having a bill of sale,
cops can [legally] arrest you, drag you down to the police station,
and interrogate you.

I never said any of that. You are living in your own little world. I guess I should have expected it from a lawyer. You guys seem to have a problem with the whole fact/fiction thing.

WelloffSimplisticChuckwalla-max-1mb.gif

I'll make this my final post in this thread.
I agree with the gist of CTS Tactical's several posts in this thread, that a Bill of Sale can be useful under some circumstances and make a citizen-detective encounter go a lot smoother.
And that's more important than nit-picking.

"Can you legally buy and own this firearm in Georgia?" Ask that and you have done your due diligence. I am not a dealer and don't have to do further. I mostly deal with people I know or those that make a good impression when I meet them. If you are dealing with shady characters you might need to hold on to that gun. The local cops can't tell where a gun came from, they have to get the ATF to check and see where it was shipped to then have the dealer forms checked to see who bought it first and start contact tracing from there.

As far as that receipt to reclaim your gun, how did the cops know it was yours? As all lawyers (I thought) know, the burden of proof is on the state. If you described it well enough and provided a serial number and the cops entered it on GCIC/NCIC as stolen, they know it is yours. File a complaint with the Justice Department for the cops stealing your personal property.

As far as "notarized" documents, that is nothing more than one person attesting to another person's lies. They can only attest that the signer signed a document.

Back
Top Bottom