• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Harbor Freight, Buford

Still using my multi tool from almost 7 years ago, 3 moves and remodels later. The HF blades are crap, but Bosch blades cost me what the tool did....

Nice Pelican style cases too.

The band saw blades are made in Idaho and are better than the Chinese blades sold under Bosch brand name in the big box stores. My 14" band saw is from HF, too. It's about 15 years old. Replaced the power switch once, but otherwise, it's been stout.

The EDC pocket knife is awesome...8CR13MOV steel and G10 handles. For $7.

The 23ga pin nailer: My wife uses it every day in her crafts business. She's probably fired more than 80K nails through it. Great product. The nails are from HF, too, and the quality and consistency are outstanding.

Other favorites: Zip ties. Rock tumbler (aka, brass cleaner). Ratchet straps. Moving blankets. Their newest generation of woodworking clamps are really nice to use. The $10 Ti drill bit sets.

Lots of useful stuff at Harbor Freight. And they stand behind the hand tools. Returned a 10+ year old Pittsburgh brand grooved pliers last year, because the pliers were slipping out of the groove. Store manager got a new (and improved pair) off the shelf, swapped it for my balky pair, no questions asked.

A battery charger for my garage(twice), a ratchet that broke while removing a mower blade and an adjustable wrench that wouldn’t.
do you not check before walking out? I've used many of their wrenches and had great luck. And saves serious coin.

If you have bought that much, what have you gotten that you liked?

do you not check before walking out? I've used many of their wrenches and had great luck. And saves serious coin.

If you have bought that much, what have you gotten that you liked?
Check what? The stuff was new in the box. The battery chargers were both DOA. The ratchet and wrench I had awhile before either failed. I still have some clamps and screwdrivers and an angle grinder. It is what it is, cheap stuff. I didn’t get ripped off and didn’t really expect much. They met my expectations.

Check what? The stuff was new in the box. The battery chargers were both DOA. The ratchet and wrench I had awhile before either failed. I still have some clamps and screwdrivers and an angle grinder. It is what it is, cheap stuff. I didn’t get ripped off and didn’t really expect much. They met my expectations.
I get that the electronics would be risky, but I messed with my ratchet wrenches before buying them and amm have been great. Beat buying a 200 dollar set.

I was impressed with price and the only time I've had any issues was a flesh head ratchet. They gave me brand new set. Not just one ratchet.

I dont mind the short drive for that ease of exchange

I get that the electronics would be risky, but I messed with my ratchet wrenches before buying them and amm have been great. Beat buying a 200 dollar set.

I was impressed with price and the only time I've had any issues was a flesh head ratchet. They gave me brand new set. Not just one ratchet.

I dont mind the short drive for that ease of exchange

I’ve had most of what I need for years. I bought a few from Harbor for a beater set when they opened locally. I’ve had better luck picking up old SKB and Snapon and Craftsman stuff at pawnshops for $1 or $2 for 2 or 3 wrenches. I scavenged a bag full of good stuff at Cherokee gun and pawn few months ago.

I’ve had most of what I need for years. I bought a few from Harbor for a beater set when they opened locally. I’ve had better luck picking up old SKB and Snapon and Craftsman stuff at pawnshops for $1 or $2 for 2 or 3 wrenches. I scavenged a bag full of good stuff at Cherokee gun and pawn few months ago.
that's what I'm talking about. Dewalt recriprociating saw with about 20 blades 40 bucks last week. That's where the deals are

Bought a wiring harness for trailer lights. The copper wire was about the size of a strand of my hair. Snap ring pliers broke first time I used them, cut off wheels won't cut, grommet tool collapsed first time I hit it with a hammer, now scared to use the hammer, angle grinder worked 2 times, and there is more. The above poster says they GAVE him a new set. See....stuff is so cheap, they can just give it away. Got no use for that stuff

Back
Top Bottom