• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Harbor Freight, Buford

I bought a lathe...took it back in less than 5 days. If you buy something beyond a monkey wrench, get the (cheap) warranty. You will need it. Gloves, tarps, tie downs, go for it. IMHO

Agree-

Moving blankets, furniture dolly’s, and that’s about it.... everything else is a draw item and caveat emptor

Prices on their handtools have risen recently. I won’t use their hand tools but not because they break, but because the cheapness will break other things, that HF will Not warranty. Some of their stuff is worth taking a chance with, as others have indicated, but I would count on them only for hobby, emergency type light duty work and nothing that I make a living at.

If it has moving parts or a cord I wouldn't touch it. Saw someone in line there one time that was getting a torque wrench and the cashier told him not to buy it because it was junk.

Thought of a few other good tools/value I've gotten at HF:

Hand truck
Service carts
Farm jack
Grade 43 chain
Tractor quick hitch
110v MIG welder

Some of this stuff dates back more than 15 years, when HF quality more iffy than it is today. But they've all held up to fairly hard use.

I bought a concrete saw blade there for what Home Depot rents theirs. It worked great with the PITA running saws that HD rents!

Oh, I've used the blade three times and it still cuts just fine ...

Historically, I have found that buying their Airless Sprayer was much better than renting. I also have one of their 2-way adjustable vises and a bench drill ... Both have been excellent for multiple years,

If you use something only occasionally around the house / hobby work you can go with the attitude that their electric tools are "throw away" after several uses (compared to renting) ... then HF is a bargain!

Bottom line: their junk is cheap junk as if you have any experience / common since, you can spot junk pretty quick so don't buy it. The other side of the coin is that they have a ton of good stuff I use every day at good prices. I wish they would open one closer to me. I visit the one in Madison every time I go to Sinclair.

Just a suggestion; always Google "Harbor Freight coupons" before going. You will always find coupons you did not have.

HF is good for a one time use tool. I usually buy stuff there to clean up my truck, they stock awesome microfiber towels, the white ones only. They send me the mailer for a free tape measure and I have one stashed in each one of my trucks. About the best deal going on tools that are decent with a warranty is kobalt ot husky.

Back
Top Bottom