• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New HK plant

I think a lot of manufacturers are learning their lesson on location in a friendly state.

So far NH is still very gun friendly, but it's deep in enemy territory and way too many Mass-holes live in southern NH and commute to work in Mass. I can see why they would double-down on GA.

I didn't see Glock prices drop since they only have to Ship it 2 hours south.
I'm happy to see the jobs come to GA but, I'm selfish and it does nothing for me
Both are conveniently located out of my work acceptable driving range.
ok,,, bracing for the napalm.

I don't think companies do it to save money so much as to avoid the crazy import laws.

Glock has a full sized pistol in 380 that they can;t import here because it would be a 'Saturday Night Special', but they can sell a much smaller 380 , the G42, if they build it in the US.

These crazy laws pretty much force companies like FN, HK and Glock to open and run American plants.

Pretty cool. I know they stamp some of their pistols "Made in Columbus Ga" now but this sounds like a pretty big deal. Wonder if it's an expansion of the current facility or a new location?

I drove by their place in Columbus last year. I had no idea they were there.

I don't think companies do it to save money so much as to avoid the crazy import laws.

Glock has a full sized pistol in 380 that they can;t import here because it would be a 'Saturday Night Special', but they can sell a much smaller 380 , the G42, if they build it in the US.

These crazy laws pretty much force companies like FN, HK and Glock to open and run American plants.

Yeah but it would be nice to see local factories offering discounts to local people.
Not sure if they are still open but I remember when I lived in Albany, My dad would go to Bob's Candy and buy a box of candy at a nice discount. Why not cut GA FFLs or Permit holders a Discount. That makes a good PR statement to me.

Yeah but it would be nice to see local factories offering discounts to local people.
Not sure if they are still open but I remember when I lived in Albany, My dad would go to Bob's Candy and buy a box of candy at a nice discount. Why not cut GA FFLs or Permit holders a Discount. That makes a good PR statement to me.

The reason they won't is the same reason there is nothing on the shelves at the CMP. Folks would go in and buy for $500 and post here for $750. I wouldn't call them flippers... just short term holders with high return expectations.
HK would rather keep the margin than offer that up to the customers. Good business sense really.
Glock does a pretty good job with the GSSF discount. It's directed at glock folks and not locals, but it gives a good discount that can only be abused a couple times a year.

Back
Top Bottom