• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New hunting land. Wow! Just Wow!

Hmmmm Im only about minutes from Meter! Don’t worry, my wife and I have about 1000 acres we hunt pretty much to ourselves. Nice country. Every thing is better in Metter...... at least thats what they say. Happy hunting.

I used to use Pat's Country store out on US-1 to process my deer.

Just so you guys know, I don't have the option of bringing a guest.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I think that most of us are just poking at you. If you are lucky enough to have someone trust you to hunt their land, you don't want to mess it up by inviting "buddies." Get settled in for a year before you think about that.

I just got permission for me and my brother for unlimited hunting access to 571 acres in SE Georgia. The land owner gave me a quick tour of the two properties and showed me the two cabins (one on each property and more like small homes) we have free access to. The land is diverse. Everything from swamp and river bottoms to classic thinned pine, 2500 pecan trees and four lakes. There are deer, turkey, hog, and all kinds of small game. Good fishing in the lakes, too. Lots of squirrels and the land owner has a crop deprivation permit for the crows, so we can hunt them 12 months of the year. They won't even let us pay for any utilities we use while in the cabins. The quote from the owner is that "The property is under utilized." Apparently it is rarely, if ever, hunted by anyone. All they ask is that we bring our own linens. :faint:
don't you need a camp cook?

I think that most of us are just poking at you. If you are lucky enough to have someone trust you to hunt their land, you don't want to mess it up by inviting "buddies." Get settled in for a year before you think about that.
I figured, but I didn't want anyone to get pissed, so...

Back
Top Bottom