• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new hunting regulations for Georgia not all good !

dgr416

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
22   0
Reaction score
I just learned of some of the new regulations for the coming.next two years .The first one is going to hurt attendance of the youth hunts on wma hunts .They want to make it state wide that only the child can carry a gun and hunt .I.have taken many kids on these hunts and I always let the kids hunt first .I always back then.up in case they wound a deer or bear .I.just takes to a bunch of friends who said they will no longer be hunting on.these hunts if they can't take a gun also .The next bad thing was increased doe days .They want the doe days solid where I.hunt in.Morgan country from Nov 4 till Jan 24 the deer will be wiped out after two years of this .The coyotes and rem doe limit here are way too much on.this heard .I think the car insurance companies want the deer gone and this sent no longer has an interest in.The ones that pay their salaries ! You can take the done survey till midnight.tonight and tell them if you don't like their new regs .There are a bunch more that were not great either !

just takes to a bunch of friends who said they will no longer be hunting on.these hunts if they can't take a gun also]

So it is taking their own gun, not taking a kid to the woods that is their primary motivation. That's interesting insight and I for one thank you for providing it. The rules have been for years that only the youths can hunt, but we can all see know why the rule change was needed.

There is nothing that would prevent the adult from taking the gun and administering the coup de grace if necessary.

Extensive doe days are not good. We have unlimited doe days where we hunt but we seldom shoot does. It took about five years to recover from the former owners taking full advantage of the law. Best you can do is encourage restraint from over harvesting. That area has had a huge decline in numbers. Some laws just don't make sense. Probably the insurance lobby.

I just wish I could hunt over corn while sitting in a heated box 15' in the air, sipping bud light iced down in a Yeti cooler, and picking up the deer in a brand new 4wheeler guts intact to drop off at a processor and pay them $20 gut fee after taking 30 pictures 2 hours after the kill of the 6 point button buck I shot... all these boys say they hunt... it's BS I tell you...

I just wish I could hunt over corn while sitting in a heated box 15' in the air, sipping bud light iced down in a Yeti cooler, and picking up the deer in a brand new 4wheeler guts intact to drop off at a processor and pay them $20 gut fee after taking 30 pictures 2 hours after the kill of the 6 point button buck I shot... all these boys say they hunt... it's BS I tell you...

You didn't forget your Iphone so you could listen to tunes while you wait for your buddy to text you that there is a deer headed your way, did you?

we should be able to have pop-up "bouncing Betty" land mines planted next to our deer feeders-- the mines will sling tracking darts at the deer, and at least some of the deer in the group will get tagged.
Then we should be well within our rights to use our remote control quad-copter drones outfitted with AR pistols to chase after the deer, tracking it primarily through the transmitter dart, but also visually and IR thermally.

When we are within range and the deer's not moving too fast, we should be able to do 30-round mag dumps at the deer from the quad-copter.

After the deer is down, we can then upload the video to FarceBook, Nitwitter, MeSpace, and WorldSmear.

As the "likes" and "shares" pile-in, we can push back our rolling chairs from the workstation and wander over to the fridge to crack open a cold one, while the deer rots in the field. We don't even need to be in the area. It can all be remotely.
We just need to change the fish & game laws to get the government off our backs. Because we're free men and this is 'Merica, right?

we should be able to have pop-up "bouncing Betty" land mines planted next to our deer feeders-- the mines will sling tracking darts at the deer, and at least some of the deer in the group will get tagged.
Then we should be well within our rights to use our remote control quad-copter drones outfitted with AR pistols to chase after the deer, tracking it primarily through the transmitter dart, but also visually and IR thermally.

When we are within range and the deer's not moving too fast, we should be able to do 30-round mag dumps at the deer from the quad-copter.

After the deer is down, we can then upload the video to FarceBook, Nitwitter, MeSpace, and WorldSmear.

As the "likes" and "shares" pile-in, we can push back our rolling chairs from the workstation and wander over to the fridge to crack open a cold one, while the deer rots in the field. We don't even need to be in the area. It can all be remotely.
We just need to change the fish & game laws to get the government off our backs. Because we're free men and this is 'Merica, right?

I think you are on to something, but we should make it kinder and gentler hunting.

We could hunt with drones armed with paintball guns. A righteous "SPLAT" on a deer would be a kill -- we could go back to the Indian custom of counting coup. Being as beef is cheaper than venison any way, we could celebrate with rib eyes all around. No blood, no fuss, no tracking. Treat deer as a renewable resource.

As fisherman like to point out, there is no C&R in hunting, but now we can introduce that to hunting. No longer would we as hunters have to deal with the internal conflict that we are always talking about improving the genes pool in the local deer herd, but every chance we get, we are removing the prime transmitter of those genes. It's like a cattle farmer who gets up first thing in the morning and goes out and shoots the herd bull.

Back
Top Bottom