• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new IRS $600 threshold for selling goods for transactions such as Venmo or PayPal

So is this only business related, like they are looking at accounts that have businesses. I send money on zelle mostly, sometimes venmo, to family members all the time

That's why I closed my E bay account, they wouldn't let me list an item without giving them my ss number. Closed my paypal as well never had a Venmo.
Venmo sucks ass! I had to install the app to get paid one week not long ago. Don't know what they charge the person paying but the person receiving has to either wait between 24 and 72 hours for the funds to be available OR pay Venmo $25.00. Either option sucks.

So is this only business related, like they are looking at accounts that have businesses. I send money on zelle mostly, sometimes venmo, to family members all the time

Just business, but you might have some extra work to do at tax time if Venmo mixes personal and business to report personal receipts on the 1099. A good tax accountant should be able to handle it on the tax return without much extra trouble.

BTW, the $600 figure is a red herring. The first dollar of income is taxable, but vendors don't have the burden of reporting taxable payments unless they exceed $599.99 in a given year. Anything under $600 is reportable on your income tax return on the honor system.

This sounds not good...

vt-logo.svg

• The IRS on Tuesday warned taxpayers about the new $600 threshold for receiving Form 1099-K for third-party payments.
  • The change applies to payments from third-party networks, such as Venmo or PayPal, for transactions such as part-time work, side jobs or selling goods.
Its also on hold. Ill find the link later.

Back
Top Bottom