• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New JTS M12AK

So I happened to pick one up last Monday and brought in the new year with a bang. In total I think I put about 200 rounds through it today 1st 75 was the worst feeling in my life of buying a dud gun. Then with a little bit of CLP and a few High brass 3 inch rounds it began to cycle cheap Rio low brass with about 95% reliability. I was able to shoot as fast as I could pull the trigger and not have an issue the trigger has also smoothed out a little bit. I also have the gas system on the highest setting which is 3. If anybody has any questions I can try to answer them as best as I can

Also in response to the original Poster's message the trunnion on the rear is different than the standard akm trunnion, and it is proprietary and wont let you use ak stocks, but if you are going to unrivet it and replace it do know you cannot use standard akm trunnions, use an ak74 / ak100 series rear trunnion. You must also replace the rear recoil spring guide base to fit into the new trunnion.

Picked mine up at Academy several weeks ago on a spur of the moment purchase. Once I got it home I popped the top to disassemble and clean it and noticed lots of oily sandy grit covering the internals. Like their oil vat had been contaminated with sand and they didnt care. So I did a complete disassemble of the gun, cleaned everything with brake clean and reassembled with Hoppes. After that I manually cycled the action about 100 times until it smoothed out quite a bit.

About a week later I took it to the range. Weather was bad so I shot slugs through it on the indoor range. I had the blowback dial at 2 and had zero failures out of 50 rounds using Remington sluggers and some unknown Winchester slugs. All 2 3/4". I was shooting standing at 27 yards with the elevation set for 25 yards and it consistently shot 6" low and to the right and grouping was right at 4". Im sure with more practice Ill get better :-)

Only complaint about the gun is there are no attachment points for a sling. Traditional AK slings will not work due to lack of an attachment ring up front.
Im certainly open for input from anyone who might have ideas on this....

Hey all, new to this site, first time posting. I just picked up one of these at Academy as well, lucky enough to get it on sale, $425 with tax out the door. Right now they are exclusive to Academy, and from the best of my knowledge, no where else. I'm taking it out today for it's first shoot with my brother. I wasn't sure if I could put slug rounds through it with the installed choke, but after reading the last post, I guess it wasn't much of an issue. When we get back later today, I will post my thoughts and issues with this weapon system. Cheers all :)

Ok, so it was my first experience with the M12AK, and it wasn't entirely disappointing. first problem I had was a failure to eject, a quick swipe of the off hand and it cleared quickly. Had to make an adjustment to the gas port, moved it from 1 to 2, after that, no more failure to eject, by the way I was firing Federal 1oz rifled slugs. The rear ramp AK style site was easy to adjust, and right on the money at #2 marking at 20-25 feet. I put a few 385grn bonded sabot slugs down range and they screamed out of the barrel at over 1600 fps, and not a single problem. Cleaning was fairly simple as it breaks down like a standard AK model weapon system. I was thinking about changing out the choke, mostly because I'm not really sure what type of choke it is as it is not marked, and it I didn't see in the owner's manual anything about the choke other than is takes Remington chokes, which is nice to know. I'll probably get an extra full to keep a tighter pattern in the bird and buck shot. Anyway, that's my 2 bits, feel free to pick it apart, happy new year y'all from TEXAS :)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Barrel-Tri...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I got this off Ebay ....it straps to the barrel... I then got a tactical sling that attached to the front and the rear has the strapping that wraps onto the butt of the gun....so far it has been very stable and has not come loose. It also gives me the attachment points off the side for flashlight and laser sight....I have also picked up a couple 10 rd mags off line....just need for the weather to break so I can get to the range to try them out.......... I would also love to change the furniture over to wood so I hope someone makes some accessories in the future for it.....

Back
Top Bottom