• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New laws, anyone?

Depends if you post on face book or whatever that you are going to blow up the Sandy springs PD you might get arrested, If you living in Sandy springs post you are going to blow up the LAPD tonight and you don't have a plane booked you are likely to get a visit but no immediate arrest. The threat needs to be credible Why do you think Madonna wasn't arrest for saying she thought a lot about blowing up the white house. because it wasnt credible, now if it had been found she had ordered a lot of fertilizer and diesel fuel she might have a cell to sleep in tonight
Are you still talking about what the laws are, or are we talking about what they should be?

Are you still talking about what the laws are, or are we talking about what they should be?
what the laws are. Keep in mind I am not a lawyer and I am sure a good attorney could make a case either way. At the end of the day it is up to the investigating officer to make an arrest or not. Generally you want to make an arrest that will hold up. Although sometimes officer's make arrest they know won't hold up.

what the laws are. Keep in mind I am not a lawyer and I am sure a good attorney could make a case either way. At the end of the day it is up to the investigating officer to make an arrest or not. Generally you want to make an arrest that will hold up. Although sometimes officer's make arrest they know won't hold up.
Then we aren't even talking about the same thing. Seems like a waste of time.

Then we aren't even talking about the same thing. Seems like a waste of time.

I agree with the law as is. I don't think we should be or have the resources to lock up for 72 hours every idiot or drunk that post something on the internet. If we do you are not going to be able to afford to shoot becase you taxes will be going up tremendously

I agree with the law as is. I don't think we should be or have the resources to lock up for 72 hours every idiot or drunk that post something on the internet. If we do you are not going to be able to afford to shoot becase you taxes will be going up tremendously
We have a supreme court and they have spoken on this internet issue. Good luck with overturning Supreme Court opinion

That's a hell of a leap. As is or outrageously abused.

But I get it, change nothing and let things keep deteriorating. Lose our Rights through inaction. Great plan!

That's a hell of a leap. As is or outrageously abused.

But I get it, change nothing and let things keep deteriorating. Lose our Rights through inaction. Great plan!
That is not my plan, the problem isn't the laws. It is the lack of priority in investigating and following through. Most of these shooting could have been prevented had the law enforcement agencies when notified followed through with the investigations vigorously. Good grief the Ohio Shooter had a rape and hit list. Somebody should have been monitoring this guy. I think that would be much more productive than locking up every drunk that threatened to kill somebody on the internet and then doesn't even remember the next day

Bear fortunately or unfortunately you and I aren't going to solve the problem.

And the sad news is neither are our legislators
I don't think you should preserve one right by trampling on another that sounds like that's what your plan is

That is not my plan, the problem isn't the laws. It is the lack of priority in investigating and following through. Most of these shooting could have been prevented had the law enforcement agencies when notified followed through with the investigations vigorously. Good grief the Ohio Shooter had a rape and hit list. Somebody should have been monitoring this guy. I think that would be much more productive than locking up every drunk that threatened to kill somebody on the internet and then doesn't even remember the next day
Sooo, you think surveillance is the solution? But you don't want to expend resources. :wacko:

Also, you can tell when someone is losing a debate by their need to exaggerate the opposing view to try and invalidate it. "locking up every drunk that threatened to kill somebody on the internet" Really?

I can agree that things need to change. Red Flag laws are not the answer. If the goal is to save lives, these laws have already proved deadly to innocent people. Which is better, innocent people killed by a random nutcase, or innocent people killed by law enforcement or Federal government agents. By looking through history, I would rather take my chances with a random nutcase. To quote a man MUCH SMARTER than I, Those that give up freedom for security deserve nether.

Back
Top Bottom