• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New laws, anyone?

This is a good example of why the right is so ineffective.

Gun control is not the answer. We already know that and that's the left's goal. But then the right goes into spasms when trying for a real solution to mass shootings and can't seem to see the difference between taking guns away from a a person that might be legitimately dangerous and removing that person from society until it can be determined if they really are a danger.

Red flag laws would be completely ineffective. Reasonably administered mental health evaluations are not and are the only real solution.

This is a good example of why the right is so ineffective.

Gun control is not the answer. We already know that and that's the left's goal. But then the right goes into spasms when trying for a real solution to mass shootings and can't seem to see the difference between taking guns away from a a person that might be legitimately dangerous and removing that person from society until it can be determined if they really are a danger.

Red flag laws would be completely ineffective. Reasonably administered mental health evaluations are not and are the only real solution.

Agreed. Make a law where guns are given to the next of kin, or are in some type of third party storage, while the person is getting help. We need to differentiate between a prison and a hospital. If you were having behavioral issues you go to a court ordered hospital and not a prison.

The way the news and politicians make it sound is you are flagged, have all your sh*t taken away, and you go "cool off" in prison for a week or so.

Okay, I've posted my thoughts on a solution, but haven't seen anything from you other than "if they were properly investigated". What do you suggest? If you're not comfortable with the status quo, what should be changed?
I would start by holding the head of the agencies responsible for investigation accountable

Agreed. Make a law where guns are given to the next of kin, or are in some type of third party storage, while the person is getting help. We need to differentiate between a prison and a hospital. If you were having behavioral issues you go to a court ordered hospital and not a prison.
Exactly! But there would be no need to move the guns at all because the person would not have access to them from the hospital. Move the person, not the guns.

I would start by holding the head of the agencies responsible for investigation accountable
What agencies? With current laws, LE agencies are extremely limited in what they can do and even if they do arrest a person, a bond hearing will be held very quickly. How often do you think bond would be denied?

Exactly! But there would be no need to move the guns at all because the person would not have access to them from the hospital. Move the person, not the guns.
Bear I think where you and I disagree is it what point a person gets taken into custody.

The Constitution doesnt tell you what you don't have the right to do. Constitution tells you what you have a right to. Don't be asinine you know you don't have the right to murder
See post #299.

BTW, you are completely wrong about the Constitution telling you what you have the Right to do. Completely. Read the 9th Amendment. It's quite clear.

What agencies? With current laws, LE agencies are extremely limited in what they can do and even if they do arrest a person, a bond hearing will be held very quickly. How often do you think bond would be denied?
Whichever agency is responsible for the investigation. Quit playing games to try to win a debate. both of the recent Shooters warranted further investigations than what they were given before the shooting place. And had those investigations been more detailed we might have found reasons to detain either or both shooters

Back
Top Bottom