• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New laws, anyone?

Well according to some members here they are ready to compromise with the left. AWB, high capacity mags, no private sales, (wimpy, wimpy). You never give in, you never compromise, never lower the flag. I f you are not willing to take a stand what do you stand for? Do you really think that this is just about guns? It's about disarming the right and some of the weaker minds here are playing right into their hands. Never compromise on your values, you will never get them back. What kind of world will you leave for your children and grandchildren. Where is the rage about the movie The Hunt coming out where liberals are hunting down conservative's.
Really? I haven't seen a single post where anyone was talking about compromising with the left. Which ones are those?

I'll say it again, I am not in favor of Red Flag laws. I'm talking about the legal and effective alternative to them.

Maybe I used the wrong word when I said "potential". I'm talking about someone that is suspected of a crime, thus they are detained. "Possible" would have been a better word choice. They are possibly a criminal. Detaining and questioning them is part of the process of determining if the suspicion of them being a criminal is valid. If the same exact standard were applied to people that are possibly criminally insane we would have a lot fewer mass shootings.

The only difference is that the cops aren't doing the more in depth questioning after the person has been detained. A qualified mental health professional is.

I see absolutely no possibility of that plan being misused or abused. Sarcasm.
I do not have the answers, but giving the government and the authorities more power is definitely not the solution. That's one of the reasons why the country is screwed up and continues to get worse.

So just keep things as they are? That's not going to happen.
Let me borrow your crystal ball
Sounds like your goal is to preserve the second amendment by destroying the first and forth, I don't really think your focus is on stopping these shootings as much as is preserving your firearm rights. And that's okay but just admit it

0A1498F4-C468-4C06-802A-1127B30651F4.jpeg

Yes, my plan to start infighting is working.

Amendment 1
- Freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Press

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibitingthe free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assembleand to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Amendment 2
- The Right to Bear Arms

A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed.

Amendment 4
- Protection from Unreasonable Searches and Seizures

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effectsagainst unreasonable searches and seizures shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched and the persons or things to be seized.

Amendment 9
- Other Rights Kept by the People

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Which of these are any of u willing to give up? Or have further restricted. I say none.

Really? I haven't seen a single post where anyone was talking about compromising with the left. Which ones are those?

What do you think you are doing when you require bills of sale or extra documentation to complete a FTF transactions. None of those things are required, but if you are requiring them on your own you are comprising your freedom. You are normalizing extra restrictions and in the case of using bills of sale you are creating a registration.

What do you think you are doing when you require bills of sale or extra documentation to complete a FTF transactions. None of those things are required, but if you are requiring them on your own you are comprising your freedom. You are normalizing extra restrictions and in the case of using bills of sale you are creating a registration.

Interesting comment. To be perfectly honest, I had never really looked at from the perspective of a bill of sale being an infringement. Hmmm...

Consider....there were mentally ill people in 1776, indeed, for all of modern civilization mental health has been recognized. The founding fathers could have added a mental health limitation to the Second Amendment, but they thought that the citizens would be smart enough to not make that necessary. Sadly, they were wrong as to the depths of stupidity and lack of common sense the USA has slipped to in the 21st Century.

Back
Top Bottom