• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New laws, anyone?

Without starting a riot on here, if one of the deceased was your wife, daughter, son what would you want done?
I would want the asshat that did it castrated with a dull knife, then allowed to bleed out in the street.
Or, just turn him over to the relatives of the fallen and let them work something out for him.

Without starting a riot on here, if one of the deceased was your wife, daughter, son what would you want done?

Absolutely nothing as far as gun laws are concerned. Other than the shooter to be given an extremely quick trial followed by a televised death. but that will never happen.

I'm sure a new federal AWB will be introduced and get significant traction due to all these public massacres with AR's and AK's with 30-round mags.

The key question: Can we and the NRA get it watered-down to focus on stupid paramilitary features like threaded muzzles and pistol grip stocks and ventilated heat shields, OR WILL IT END UP being a ban on all semi-autos that use detachable magazines for which ANY mags that hold more than 10 rounds are on the market (new or used)?

Of course "No New Gun Bans" is the best thing, if that is possible. If it's not possible, then getting an ineffective,watered-down, silly AWB that focuses on cosmetic features is what would damage the Second Amendment the least.
Ready to give in and "compromise" before the fight even starts :tsk:

I wonder how many mass-shooters chose their AR-15 / M4 clones, and their AK-47 clones, because they independently assessed their lethality and features, vs. choosing them because they are prominently featured in Hollywood action movies and video games? They are shown as the ultimate killing machines.

Wood-stocked conventional looking rifles like the Ruger Mini-14, or SKS, the M1 carbine or M1 Garand rifles, or semi auto deer rifles like the BAR or Rem 7400, just don't seem to appeal to psychotic killers.

No new federal gun restrictions will be passed in the Senate or signed in to law. This will fade with the next news cycle. With elections 15 months away no republicans are going to touch gun control. Mitch will never even let It get a vote.
Gun don't kill people, people do.

With MDA already marching on Capitol Hill, I would imagine very serious talks this time. It's a red state, with "loose" gun laws, why didn't the NRA narrative of a good guy with a gun stop the bad? View attachment 2222496

Red flags laws, the POTUS has already said he would back the laws.. Something about getting the guns first, judge's order second?

Comprehensive back ground checks and raising the age to 21.
View attachment 2222497

Trumps tweet was nearly 18 months ago....

Back
Top Bottom