• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Lee Progressive press coming out in April

Which press?

• Total voters
I'm glad this press is coming out. I haven't started reloading and I'm not going to be able to afford the other more expensive brands. I have been doing my research and I like what I see. This will be my first press when it's available for ordering.

I just read up on the Dillon 550 Turret press and it was a review and he said that if every thing is working right his record was a 100 rounds in 17 minutes. The problem was the machine throws a tantrum every 25 rounds or so. The auto priming system being mostly at fault. He also said that by the time you get all the upgrades and do hickys to tune it real good you have 700 dollars wrapped up in just the press. I believe I will stick with my little single stage and turn out good hand weighed rounds every time. CAN YOU SAY THE ULTIMATE IN QUALITY CONTROL?

Greg: not sure what you are trying to say. I did not think Dillon made a turret press, and after searching, I can not find one.

I just read up on the Dillon 550 Turret press and it was a review and he said that if every thing is working right his record was a 100 rounds in 17 minutes. The problem was the machine throws a tantrum every 25 rounds or so. The auto priming system being mostly at fault. He also said that by the time you get all the upgrades and do hickys to tune it real good you have 700 dollars wrapped up in just the press. I believe I will stick with my little single stage and turn out good hand weighed rounds every time. CAN YOU SAY THE ULTIMATE IN QUALITY CONTROL?

He doesn't have something set up right. There are no tuning accessories or upgrades needed to make a 550 run correctly. Mostly folks trying to sell you stuff, much like the AR-15 market.

Top quality, expert assistance is a 1-800 call away. If they can't fix it over the phone, they will send you new parts to make it work correctly.

My only failure in 25 years was a cracked housing on my low primer warning buzzer. Dillon sent me a new warning buzzer free of charge.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

We’ve got 2 loadmasters, spent the time reading and setting them up right and they run just fine. Only issue ever encountered was not enough case lube which was my own fault. Dillon is the cat’s meow but thus far the LM hasn’t given me any reason to justify a more expensive switch.

yep your buddy simply needs to call Dillon.. Best CS in the industry.. if they can't fix it over the phone they have been known to have the unit shipped and they will fix it. I own 3 of the 550s and they all run extremely well..

Awaiting actual user experience with the "New" Lee Press .... ANYBODY?
Insomuch that I de-prime B4 final cleaning and loading, my interest is in an inexpensive progressive press with an automatic case feeder that is reliable (and fast) ... a reliable priming capability would also be a big plus ...

Insomuch that I de-prime B4 final cleaning and loading, my interest is in an inexpensive progressive press with an automatic case feeder that is reliable (and fast) ... a reliable priming capability would also be a big plus ...
I thought you loaded on a Hornady LNL AP?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

A handful of end-user videos have popped up on Youtube. Reviews have been pretty positive and the press looks promising.

Back
Top Bottom