• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new members ask - "is this still available"

You're making a jest, but there's an item that several people are interested in, have contacted the seller, posted notices in the thread, seller confirmed it was available, and that's all the communication. Total ghost. 2 positive feedback.
You just havent sent anything he is interested in yet. When he sees the number he wants he will respond :wacko:

new members ask - "is this still available"
I respond

and that's it - ghosted /gone

i've had several lately,

if i look at their post (usually less than 15) - that's all they post to other sellers

I like the ones that post "PM me", "text me" - well what the heck am i supposed to PM or text to them? Name, Rank, Serial Number :fish2:
Yup. Even when they give a number I don’t wanna text or call them lol.

These are fresh off Craigslist/Facebook Marketplace/OfferUp/LetGo, etc. They cast out their line and wait for a response they like and then they proceed to low-ball until they get another response they like.

Personally I think new members should have a probationary message limit to keep this garbage out of the community.

For now I usually just reply once or ignore depending on how egregious the message is. Pretty easy to move on from there. A lot of these new accounts are one hitter quitters anyways.

4C161A7F-BD71-48F9-B950-AF16E654A7D0.gif

Back
Top Bottom