• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members who don't like to PM

Trailrider

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
117   1
Reaction score
I'm not gonna give you my number, I'm not gonna text you. PM me your offers, and once deal has been struck and everything agreed on in PM, we can talk on the phone. Maybe. I still might not give you my number. :deadhorse:

EDIT: I'm not opposed to exchanging contact info once we've established something via PM. I'm talking about the influx of members who just joined in the last day or two, just sending me their phone number. No offer, no I'll take it, just a phone number.

I'm not gonna give you my number, I'm not gonna text you. PM me your offers, and once deal has been struck and everything agreed on in PM, we can talk on the phone. Maybe. I still might not give you my number. :deadhorse:

I get it but.. I usually send a pm stating a question or to say I would take the item. I say thanks if you prefer to text here’s my number...
I leave it up to the seller.. And 99.9% text me and we complete the deal via text..

This has been my experience on here.

I get it but.. I usually send a pm stating a question or to say I would take the item. I say thanks if you prefer to text here’s my number...
I leave it up to the seller.. And 99.9% text me and we complete the deal via text..

This has been my experience on here.
Yeah I'll do that for an established member. But I've been getting an influx of newbs with no feedback that just joined just messaging me their number saying call me.

I have always included my cell when agree to purchase or sell something. I have dealt with numerous people who I say I will take it, then dont hear back for 2 days becuase they "don't check PM's often" it doesnt matter to me what route of communication we use, either one works fine for me. I stick to my word either way

I have always included my cell when agree to purchase or sell something. I have dealt with numerous people who I say I will take it, then dont hear back for 2 days becuase they "don't check PM's often" it doesnt matter to me what route of communication we use, either one works fine for me. I stick to my word either way
Yeah, like I said in my OP, once everything is agreed upon in PM I'll exchange contact info. That's not what's happening.
I'm getting brand new just joined members that literally only reply with their phone number. Not even an I'll take it.

In my official duties at work I often end up with teams comprised of youngsters, sometimes fresh out of college with this as their first job. As a general observation the younger the population the less skilled they are at actually communicating with human beings verbally and (God forbid), face to face conversations. That creates some clash of expectations at times and I wonder if it's just me getting too old and out of touch or if we're all going to have to eventually train these kidlets how to interact with real live people.

In my official duties at work I often end up with teams comprised of youngsters, sometimes fresh out of college with this as their first job. As a general observation the younger the population the less skilled they are at actually communicating with human beings verbally and (God forbid), face to face conversations. That creates some clash of expectations at times and I wonder if it's just me getting too old and out of touch or if we're all going to have to eventually train these kidlets how to interact with real live people.

Bravo Bravo..! Interpersonal skills and verbal communication have taken a dump....

Back
Top Bottom