• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New members who don't like to PM

I'll never text with anyone again, I gave a seller my phone number so he could confirm the time we'd meet after he got off work, he texted and said
we'd meet at 1:00pm. I was at the location and waited over 3 hours and he wouldn't return text or answer phone. I finally got him to answer the next morning and he said he got hung up at work and couldn't make it, said he'd meet me at Same place at 1:00pm that day. Again the same thing happened as the day before. When I got back home I left him NEGATIVE feedback. A moderator gave me a negative on my score because all deals were to be by PM, and I couldn't prove to the MOD with a PM of the incident, and I even offered to bring the text and prove it. He said "NO". I got pretty pi---ed and pretty much dropped out of sight on here for a long time. If you saw his score today, he's done that several times to other ODT'ers. Now ODT has a rash of the same type and a bunch of snowflakes.

I'll never text with anyone again, I gave a seller my phone number so he could confirm the time we'd meet after he got off work, he texted and said
we'd meet at 1:00pm. I was at the location and waited over 3 hours and he wouldn't return text or answer phone. I finally got him to answer the next morning and he said he got hung up at work and couldn't make it, said he'd meet me at Same place at 1:00pm that day. Again the same thing happened as the day before. When I got back home I left him NEGATIVE feedback. A moderator gave me a negative on my score because all deals were to be by PM, and I couldn't prove to the MOD with a PM of the incident, and I even offered to bring the text and prove it. He said "NO". I got pretty pi---ed and pretty much dropped out of sight on here for a long time. If you saw his score today, he's done that several times to other ODT'ers. Now ODT has a rash of the same type and a bunch of snowflakes.
Known as protected feces

I'm apparently an old fart, since I don't have email or a browser on my flip phone. When I arrange a deal, I give the buyer or seller my cell phone and ask them to call or text. Just waited 30 minutes in a parking lot for a guy who claims to have showed up, but didn't call or text. Drive back home, hey, negative feedback. We're currently flaming each other via private message, but I guess I should have made sure I had his number too. I'll do that in the future. Also probably a mistake to buy an SKS from a guy who drives a Dodge Magnum, but I try to be tolerant even if I AM a redneck

EDIT TO ADD: good lord I'm coming up on 10 years on this board. That's longer than any of my marriages

I'm apparently an old fart, since I don't have email or a browser on my flip phone. When I arrange a deal, I give the buyer or seller my cell phone and ask them to call or text. Just waited 30 minutes in a parking lot for a guy who claims to have showed up, but didn't call or text. Drive back home, hey, negative feedback. We're currently flaming each other via private message, but I guess I should have made sure I had his number too. I'll do that in the future. Also probably a mistake to buy an SKS from a guy who drives a Dodge Magnum, but I try to be tolerant even if I AM a redneck

EDIT TO ADD: good lord I'm coming up on 10 years on this board. That's longer than any of my marriages
Well since you didn't do the deal via PM you have no proof, and now it looks like he left a neg for you too... That's why I tell them to PM me first. I'll give my number once everything has been confirmed in PM.

Back
Top Bottom