• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Midsize SUV recommendation

It time to replace my wife's 2013 Durango. Looking at the Honda Pilot, Toyota Highlander and Kia Sorento (all 2019 models). The new Kia Telluride is nice, but dealers are marking them up and I don't like buying the first year of a new model. Y'all have experience with any of them?
Out of those, definitely Higlander or the Honda.

Im a loyal gm owner , I think the new chevy blazer is cool looking
372923_Chevrolet_Blazer.jpg

Bought the wife a shiny red Honda Pilot EXL new in 2005 after the twins came along. She was happy to drive it for 13 years and only put 95k miles on it during that time. I only replaced wear items like battery, tires, brakes, and filters. Did change the dope in the transmission and rear diff. Always run synthetic oil and change it every year whether it needs it or not.

Got her something nice last year and parked the Pilot knowing the boys would need something to drive. They got their learner's (learners'?) permits this year and the Pilot is back on the road.

Replaced the serpentine belt which was making a noise and then the power steering started fussing. Replaced the high side o-ring and flushed the system, replaced front rotors and pads and she almost runs like new. The headliner is starting to fade a bit around the edges but otherwise everything still works and son #1 loves working on it. He's done most/all of the mechanical work on it. Son #2 hasn't driven since the day he got his permit 5 months ago...

I gotta say if you are looking for something that is reliable and will stand the test of time, you would be hard pressed to find something better than the Pilot. And it is assembled by Americans in Lincoln AL. Last year we made a road trip and visited the factory and took a tour. Fun little trip!

Choosing a vehicle is a difficult decision. Drive them all and pick the one she likes the best. I would have to agree about the first year model of something...I would have a very hard time buying the first year model vehicle from any manufacturer, including Honda.

Back
Top Bottom