• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New optic for my ar

Nightforce NXS 1-4 on my DD M4A1 gets my vote.
20171009_211447.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That's a sharp dressed rifle!
I appreciate it. Like I said, NXS 1-4, DD M4A1 and a Sandman-S.

I really like my NXS. I had it on my 18" Daniel but wanted more glass. I think it's perfect on this rifle. Super clear glass, tough and illuminated.

I appreciate it. Like I said, NXS 1-4, DD M4A1 and a Sandman-S.

I really like my NXS. I had it on my 18" Daniel but wanted more glass. I think it's perfect on this rifle. Super clear glass, tough and illuminated.

I just checked the price, **** that I can't afford that much lmao. 900 is about my budget

I just checked the price, **** that I can't afford that much lmao. 900 is about my budget
Haha! Depending on the model I can see your point. I think I paid $1100 for mine. Don't get me wrong, I like ACOGs but I don't like "training" my eye to shoot both eyes open with an ACOG. It gives me a headache. That's why I went with a variable power scope. I have 1x for both eyes open shooting and when I want to hit steel at 400yds (that's as far as Elberton has) I can zoom.

I’ve got a Trijicon 1.5x24 and that thing is schweeeet. A lot easier to see at 200-300 yards, but still low enough magnification to easily shoot up close with both eyes open. I have also shot with an accupoint and liked it a lot. Maybe I’m just a Trijicon fan boy, but I really love the whole battery free thing. Most scopes have pretty low battery life in comparison to red dots, so not having to swap batteries every 500-1000 hours is a plus for me. Different story with red dots that last 5+ years though.

One thing to consider with dual illuminated designs like most Trijicons is tritium replacement. You are gonna spend about 200 bucks every 8-12 years of you want the tritium to stay bright. It supposedly last 15, but I have an older Trijicon red dot with tritium and is kinda unusable in semi darkness, like outdoors in the city at night with street lights and building lights where the fiber optics don’t grab enough light, but it isn’t quite dark enough for the tritium to show up. Now in the country, or woods it is fine. Something to consider.

Something to consider would be a leupold scope with a fire-dot reticle. I have a vx-6 2-12 on my AR10 and it works great. On 2 power with the dot on, it's just like a red dot. Need to get legs, dial up the power and engage. I think it's comparable to the acog in price as well. The real question is what are you planning on shooting and how far away is it. Hope this helps. Mike

Back
Top Bottom