• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New Performance Center 629 No-Lock

Yep it came in. It had the Butt O on the face of the revolver. I thought about taking it any way, but it had issues. The double action was intermittent!!!! The cylinder looked like it had been rotated a lot. I thought it was probably from S&W working on the action trying to get it right. They never got it right. How disappointing!! I did not take delivery. Now I have got to the point that I don't trust even the PC to produce a revolver that actually even works 100%. My last Ruger revolver was new and locked up while dry firing. Of course Ruger repaired under warranty. At this point I do not trust a new revolver from anyone. Reliability!!! That was always the main factor you could hang your hat on with revolvers. Not any more. I looked at the parts list on a Ruger GP100 and was absolutely amazed at how many parts needed to be factory fit. IN THIS DAY AND AGE YOU CANNOT PRODUCE A PART WITH TIGHT ENOUGH TOLERANCES TO JUST INSTALL AND WORK???? With all of that hand fitting, the firearm is heavily dependent on a skilled gun smith doing a great job. A recipe for poor reliability is to get rid of your best experienced gun smiths and push the others for numbers. Their new Quality motto is : So, so is good enough!!

Hate to hear that. I plan on getting a 629 pc snubbie myself and pray it doesn't have any issues like that!

20170717_144615.jpg

Back
Top Bottom