Welcome to The Outdoors Trader

Register Now
  1. Welcome to The Outdoors Trader! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here. Registered users also see less ads!

New pistol broken and dealer is........

Thread in 'Firearms Chat' started by boomer, Jan 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. boomer

boomer ODT Junkie!

32   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Just bought a new Ruger 22/45 lite mark III. Went to the range and had a lot of FTF. After changing ammo brands still FTF. OK maybe it just needs to be cleaned and lube. Taking down a Ruger Mark is not a problem for me due owning 3 of them. Well this one would not break down without having to use a punch to push the main spring assembly pin through (it was tight). Once the assembly came out it was time to remove the firing pin assembly and that is where the problem was. Apparently the keeper of the spring was broken into two pieces, not allowing for the bolt to function. Hummm this pistol is only 6 days old. I took the gun back to the dealer and was told by an employee that i could take the gun to their gunsmith and pay him for the repair. Or, they would send the pistol back to Ruger and wait 6 to 8 weeks. My thought process was 1: you have 8 or 9 mark III's on the shelf why not remove the part and install on my gun while they wait for a replacement. 2: why not let your gunsmith fix it with a new spring and call it good customer relationship. I guess my question is... am i asking too much of the dealer?

2. boneboy96

boneboy96 ODT Junkie!

295   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Nope...the dealer should help you out and make you whole again!

Bottoms polaris, trw2094 and bagman like this.
  3. medium187mph

medium187mph The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

142   0

Rating
    100%
    I don't think it's too much to ask but...

Dealers make very little and 99.9% of the firearms I've ever purchased were sold as is and final once I left the place of business.

I think if it's a reputable shop and you've done business with them before, they should just swap the part to keep good standings. Who knows what kind of crap people do after they leave the shop... like a torcher test video for Utube.

4. JWC

JWC The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

126   0

Rating
    100%
    Agree with boneboy.

boneboy96 likes this.
  5. HVACGuy

HVACGuy ODT Junkie!

105   0

Rating
    100%
    I guess most of them are like that. I've spent a lot of time and money at my local store, and they would do like you mentioned and just swap the parts for me. They've actually done it plenty of times. I have although run into your situation before at places other than my regular store. Being a company owner myself (HVAC,) I would just change your stuff out and deal with it myself, but I guess it depends on who you get. Did you get a chance to talk to the owner? Maybe it was just the peon following regs?

6. bagman

bagman ODT Junkie!

9   0

Rating
    100%
    Like he said...I think if it's a reputable shop and you've done business with them before, they should just swap the part to keep good standings.

It's just good business.

7. Sigo

Sigo Frontiersman

1   0

Rating
    100%
    Wow... I think I would recommend that they reconsider. If they did not, I'd send it to Ruger myself and make sure everyone I knew and every website I could post to would hear about their outstanding customer service.

I would also contact them every time I spent money at one of their competitors so they knew how much they were not getting in sales. I just did this to a couple of places. I informed one gun shop when I got an M1A and a FLIR. This weekend, I just let another place know how much I spent on tires at their competitor. Just take pleasure in the small things in life, like the look on their face.

chrislibby88 and thebull like this.
  8. Buzz 1

Buzz 1 ODT Junkie!

148   0

Rating
    100%
    Sorry to burst your bubble boys but it doesn't work that way the gun store isn't responsible for Ruger's quality control if the LGS does an unauthorised repair the warranty is void If you come in my store you will get the same response why should I make one of my guns unusable when its Ruger's issue.

9. Zeake

Zeake The Hen that laid the Golden Legos

7   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Well, I have replaced guns and returned the crappy ones for repair. Unless the customer is a d bag I bend over backwards.

Sigo, Tazz, FatAlbert and 2 others like this.
  10. triplestack3

triplestack3 ODT Junkie!

30   0

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    basically this

FWIW, Ruger customer service has always been good to me.

3clicks_Off and Zeake like this.