• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New pistol broken and dealer is........

I know it sounds like a simple parts swap fix, but I wouldn't trust anyone at any of the lgs's near me to do it. I trust me, my dad, my brother and the factory...that's it.

Whatever you do, don't wait 6-8 weeks for them to send it back. Call Ruger first, and they will take good care of you. I had a GP100 back in my hands within 10 days when I had to send it in for an issue.

Sorry but I dont think this is the LGS' problem. Once you take possession of it its yours and manufacturer's warranty and service are in place should you have an issue. Unlike a car dealership who handles not only sales but factory service issues as well a LGS doesn't. Its the buyers responsibility to make sure the guns they buy are good and that the factory has good customer service. Of course some bad eggs get through QC and end up in a customers hands but its up the manufacturer to make it right, again thats why we do our homework before purchase.

You are looking the wrong way . This is a Ruger problem and not a store problem . I owned a new Smith for a whole 3 hours before I shipped it back to Smith . I ordered a gun and picked it up at a shop. Took the gun behind the shop and shot it on the owners range . The trigger failed to reset . I called Smith and they emailed me a shipping tag. It came back in 3 weeks and is perfect . These things happen.

I actually called Colt(again) this week to verify my pistol was even still there at the factory waiting warranty repair or had it been shipped back and lost?

Yep..pistol still there waiting repair..

This has happened to me once. The LGS told me I could get a full refund, get another firearm or he would ship it back for me. I chose to take the refund and purchase a different firearm. I bought a ton of stuff from them before and after that. They were there to help me in any way they could, regardless of who might be at fault. That's how you lock a customer in for life.

Back
Top Bottom