• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New pistol broken and dealer is........

Complicated!! Read my post, the dealer sends it in for you. Customer service that goes above and beyond. Some dealers are just to lazy to do it. Expected of customer, says who the gun shop owner. What about the customer's expectations?

It's definitely less complicated having someone send you a box with a pre-printed shipping label, and then sending it directly back to your house.

Complicated!! Read my post, the dealer sends it in for you. Customer service that goes above and beyond. Some dealers are just to lazy to do it. Expected of customer, says who the gun shop owner. What about the customer's expectations?
Having the dealer "do it for you" is more complicated than doing it yourself. I really don't see how this is such a hard concept to grasp. If a guy buys a Glock from another guy on ODT and it craps the bed, is that guy going to go back to the seller or just take it down to Smyrna and later post about how he finally made it to the Mothership?

The dealer's responsibility to you is over once you purchase the firearm and at that point, your relationship with the manufacturer begins.

Which part is broken?

cdn1.bigcommerce.com_n_63unu_ppse6sj0_products_89_images_280_m59df7155fde411773741b38cc32712f4.jpg

Says everyone. Manufacturer, dealer, and the customer. Why do you think the process is so streamlined? You ship it from your house in a box and prepaid label that the manufacturer provides they fix it and ship it back to you. Is it too much to ask that the customer makes a phone call and puts the gun in a box? Do you also expect the dealer to clean the gun after you shoot it? Give you ammo every time you shoot? Free targets and range time for life? Do you expect them to give you holsters and gun belts and eye and ear protection? I mean if a dealer did that they would be the best dealer ever right? Maybe but its expected that the customer would do all that.

Which part is broken?

1-65. :lol:

Who cares? Send it to Ruger and let them figure it out. You replace one part and another breaks then what? How about the dealer replaces one part and the gun blows up in the guys face. Guess whose getting sued? While your liability insurance questions why you're working on a 6 day old gun thats covered under warranty.

Having the dealer "do it for you" is more complicated than doing it yourself. I really don't see how this is such a hard concept to grasp. If a guy buys a Glock from another guy on ODT and it craps the bed, is that guy going to go back to the seller or just take it down to Smyrna and later post about how he finally made it to the Mothership?

The dealer's responsibility to you is over once you purchase the firearm and at that point, your relationship with the manufacturer begins.

Maybe the dealer should agree to send it to the distributor, since that's where he got it from.

Sorry to burst your bubble boys but it doesn't work that way the gun store isn't responsible for Ruger's quality control if the LGS does an unauthorised repair the warranty is void If you come in my store you will get the same response why should I make one of my guns unusable when its Ruger's issue.
What's the name of your store?

Good customer service does not mean buy back, exchange, or do the leg work. If I understand correctly directly after the purchase the buyer went to the range at the place of purchase and BAM problem with new gun. Sucks but maybe some free range time would be good. I understand the inconvenience and it sucks buying a new gun that is defective. The LGS did not manufacture the gun. Just like buying a new car there is a procedure set by the manufacturer for warranty issues.

Does a hardware store represent every nut and bolt manufacturer? No!

False. If I buy something from Home Depot and it fails guess where I go? Back to the store and they take care of it! Can you imagine if every product had what you are saying?

Bad drill? Call Makita
Clothes don't fit? Call Fubu
Milk Spoiled day after you bought it? Call the Dairy

Back
Top Bottom