• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

new pocket pistol caliber question

KingTuna

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
15   0
Reaction score
I was cutting grass and having a Nada Banana from our local Omaha Brewing Company yesterday when I got to thinking about pocket pistols. Most people carry a 380, 9mm, or 357/38. Why haven't we seen any new pocket pistol calibers come out? There have been lots of new rifle calibers in the past few years.

Why couldn't you take a 300 blackout case and cut it down more, use a 65 grain .30 caliber bullet, and push it out of the barrel at around 1000 fps or so? Wouldn't something like this have more energy than a 380 with similar recoil?

Have a 327 revolver. Fun to shoot cuz it will fire 5 different cartridges. However strictly a range gun and wouldn't put my life on the round.

Why not? Serious question, not arguing. I've never had a chance to actually shoot one.
Because for me the difference in recoil for 327 and 357/38 special isn't much. So why not shoot the bigger diameter bullet if carrying a revolver. 327 has some flash and bang to it. Especially in the smaller frame revolvers.

Because for me the difference in recoil for 327 and 357/38 special isn't much. So why not shoot the bigger diameter bullet if carrying a revolver. 327 has some flash and bang to it. Especially in the smaller frame revolvers.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom