• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New push in Legislature to allow guns in frat houses, college stadiums

RamRoddoc

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
62   0
Reaction score
Anti-rights supporting AJC the mouth piece for; not Gabby's group it's Bloomturds Gun Sense Georgia Coalition:

http://getschooled.blog.ajc.com/201...o-allow-guns-in-frat-houses-college-stadiums/

The GunSense Georgia Coalition has pledged to fight two new gun bills introduced yesterday by freshman House Representative Heath Clark, R-Warner Robbins. House 544 would force the University System of Georgia to allow anyone with a concealed weapons license permit to bring loaded, concealed guns on to all 30 public college and university campuses, including fraternity and sorority houses and sports stadiums.

HB 543, called the “Constitutional Carry” bill, would eliminate the legal requirement of obtaining a permit to carry a gun, with few exceptions, for anyone over 21.

Eight out of 10 Georgians opposed the policy of “campus carry” according to an ABT SRBI poll conducted in January 2014. The provision was eliminated from HB 60, widely known as the “guns everywhere bill,” which was signed into law last year.

“We are appalled that this is back, “said Kathryn Grant with the Campaign to Keep Guns Off Campus, an organization that is part of the GunSense Georgia Coalition. “Not only will HB 544 jeopardize the safety of our campus communities but it is a very expensive proposition. A similar bill before the Texas legislature is going to cost that state $47 million to implement. Who is going to pay for HB 544? Georgia’s students and taxpayers would ultimately bear the cost.”

Polls are manipulated by the way the question is presented. Be as vague as possible and help guide the response during a telephone poll call. BTW I don't answer the phone unless someone speaks or I know them. I have never answered a telephone poll.

a). Should students carry guns on campus?

b). Students who obtain a carry permit should be arrested if caught carrying on campus?

c). In the event of a mass shooting in a college "gun free zone" would you favor lawful concealed carry by student victims?

The outrageous issue is that we allow the "right" to not be infringed be contingent upon paying a fee, being recorded like a common criminal and becoming one if a "permit" for a right expires....

The second bill, HB 543, would allow further unrestricted access to guns by removing all permitting requirements (under current law, no training is required to purchase a gun or obtain a concealed weapons license). The premise of Constitutional carry is that the 2nd amendment is the only requirement necessary and that you should not have to “ask the state for permission,” according to Representative Clark.

“This is outrageous,” said Lissie Stahlman, a co-founder of GunSense Georgia. “In 2008, the Supreme Court’s Heller Decision, written by Justice Scalia, ruled that the 2nd amendment does not preclude state and local controls for the sake of public safety. But, the radical gun lobby’s agenda is to arm all citizens without any restrictions at all,” added Stahlman. “Without requiring a permit process, how do we know those who are carrying guns are law-abiding or mentally stable? The answer is we would not know.”

Last edited:
Anti-rights supporting AJC the mouth piece for; not Gabby's group it's Bloomturds Gun Sense Georgia Coalition:

http://getschooled.blog.ajc.com/201...o-allow-guns-in-frat-houses-college-stadiums/

Polls are manipulated by the way the question is presented. Be as vague as possible and help guide the response during a telephone poll call. BTW I don't answer the phone unless someone speaks or I know them. I have never answered a telephone poll.

a). Should students carry guns on campus?

b). Students who obtain a carry permit should be arrested if caught carrying on campus?

c). In the event of a mass shooting in a college "gun free zone" would you favor lawful concealed carry by student victims?

The outrageous issue is that we allow the "right" to not be infringed be contingent upon paying a fee, being recorded like a common criminal and becoming one if a "permit" for a right expires....

One of my students who attends UGA texted me & said he had been asked to write an article for the AJC defending carry by students.
Wonder if it was published?

Campus Carry is a hot topic all over the country this legislative season. Nevada is trying to pass Campus Carry and had Professor John Lott testify at their Nevada Assembly Judiciary Committee on eliminating many Gun-Free Zones . His testimony is very good and starts at the 5:53 minute mark.

Last edited:
11 States restored carry rights on campus and 21 leave it to the discretion of the school. The data is there but it's being ignore to promote ignorance and honest fear mongering.

Thanks for the video it cuts directly to the false arguments.

Classic anti-gun idiot "representative" when she attempted to link lost tourism money and the bill that allows concealed carry in the airport, then be educated it has been for years and is legal to open carry in the non-sterile areas of the airport. A typical, liberal anti-gun educated idiot.

Last edited:
That would make a great picture. lol

You can give the leftist anti-constitutionalists credit they have done a good job with the medias assistance in a lesson on demagoguery and fear...of the very things that made this country great.

It baffles me but it shouldn't.

You can give the leftist anti-constitutionalists credit they have done a good job with the medias assistance in a lesson on demagoguery and fear...of what made this country great. It baffles me.

Don't be baffled...ask them...we have a few of them right here on thee trader. Sort of "Trader Traitors". Ask away.

Back
Top Bottom