• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

New range in Roswell, GA "Sharpshooter USA"

Well I'm hoping since it's the pre-opening they will have some specials and not enforce their rules as tightly. Maybe they'll give us a cap to wear & keep! It is a little high for standard range time but if the tactical stuff is good it may be worth going there just for that. I'm planning to go, will post how it goes.

Just called to be sure they were going to be open and was told they are having to push back the opening until Wednesday the 19th. Software vendor didn't get finished. Better call ahead 770-500-3473. I can't go until the weekend so if anyone goes, give us a full report.

Last edited:
They are open and running. Finally got a chance to go try it out this weekend, nice ranges. Beautiful facility/showroom EVERYTHING, great filtration system (you can tell, b/c places with crappy vent. systems..u can blow powder out of your nose when your done...yuk). The price was a bit steep, I got there with a buddy so we had 2 in a lane, and it was almost $40 for us to shoot, which sucked b/c we got there with about an hr before the closed, when they first opened, they told me a diff price which wasn't so bad, so when they told me my total was $38 (I know its per visit), i was kind of shocked (we brought our own targets, ammo, hats, eyes & ears...only needed range time) Only gripe I have is that they wont let you shoot stuff like Wolf or Brown bear b/c the bullet has a steel core, so im kinda stuck w/ 320rounds of 7.62x39 that I cant shoot (i live and work literally 7 mins from this place, so driving to another range is dumb) even though, some of the WWB ammo they sell doesn't pass their "magnet test" either.

Overall a fantastic place. I just have to sell of all my brown bear ammo and buy new stuff so I can shoot there.

-Carlo

i work right next door to this place. we even did some work down there. we have all been excited at work about them opening. after several unanswered emails and phone calls about opening dates, memberships, and other we just gave up. seems like they are going to have customer service equivalent to wal mart, just without the bargains. i think i will just stick to my usual range.

Have been going there since they opened and i am a founding member.Have really enjoyed going there.Very clean, not stepping on trash etc like at some ranges,as far as picking up your brass a buddy of mine reloads and when he was picking up his brass he had no problems,just told range officer that it was his and he reloads.In regards to price i believe in you get what you pay for, have been to some ranges that are $10-$15 dollars but that is per hour not per visit.Also the advantages of being a member here are real. Have spoken to others that are members at other clubs(further north) and the promise of "head of the line" does not always happen. Another great plus of being a member is that you can call ahead and reserve a lane.This is a great plus especially if you only have time to shoot on the weekends and as we all know going to ANY range on a saturday can be a roll of the dice. They also have 2 payment options for memberships so if you don't have the cash on hand you can pay monthly w/ a cc. 2 visits per month pays for it. + you get guest passes(8) w/ membership.I have bought 2 guns from here and was also given some extra passes.Overall have had great experiences so far.New places will always have some issues.Happens in every type of business.3 guys that i have dealt with the most are Tom Deets,Tom Horstman and Brian.cant remember his last name.Sorry if this is a bit long but and earlier post asked for a good acct of what it is like so here you go.Y'all have a great weekend

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom